TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha, whoo, guys, I just found out I get to have my dad's old 84 Country Squire wagon, it's got the 302, and no real problems. Since I have the Cougar, and this will be an extra car, I can modify it at my leisure, first though, I will modify the exhaust, and cut the front springs!:D
Here's some pics of what it looks like, my dad's is this light blue color, think, sky with peeling paint and rust spots. And yes, it does have the fake wood panels, but they are faded and peeling, it's soooo beautiful:

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Your going to modify the Cougar or the shaggin wagon? Or both :D I'd mod the Cougar and use the Squire for a daily driver - just put a bad *** exhaust on it.

Either way, doesn't look to bad, especially for a freebie.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I've alwyays had a soft spot for big wagons...and a sordid and unhealthy desire to mod one and make it badass/fast....especially one of the 80s "boxes on wheels" ditch the wood, re-paint, new exhaust, FRPP modded 460, 4.10 posi out back.....lower that biatch with some nice 18" chrome cobra R's....ooohhhh the possibilities.

EArl

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, first on the list is whack off most of the exhaust, to give it that good solid V8 sound, and then cut the front springs, and give it a nice shackled stance. After that, work on the exterior a bit, the wood either has to go, or be replaced with real treated wood. And then I MAY cut off the back of the wagon, like over the storage area, cause inside there is this little set of doors that opens parallel with the sides, to make another seating area, so you face out the side windows, I think it would be cool to cruise with no top on, and then sit in the back, but that's for the future.

I am getting some GFX for the Cougar, SC, and a 94-95 Xenon front, and also a cobra R hood, after I get that, and I get done painting my interior, she's done for a bit.

And then I will go nutty on the wagon, get some headers or somethin, some nice new heads, blah blah blah, it will be cool as hell, do some custom grill work and stuff, you know, but hell yeah, free as can be, and it will run good for a while. It will be one of those wicked grocery getters!

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
You can tell a car enthusiast when his wagon has chopped exhaust and slammed front end hehe. I love doing cheap mods to crappy cars. I have an 88 lincoln towncar with a 5.0 and I replaced the muffler and cat with straight pipe and put a custom cold air intake on it hehe. Then painted a blue engine parts blue and called it good. I just can't not tinker with cars. Within the same hour I bought my 95 v8 I have the exhaust unbolted at the resonator and details the violin case lettering with blue paint too.
-Thomas

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'm a little excited about it, it's gonna be some funnnnn stuff, probably a little dangerous too, this is the first car I can just disable and do what I want to it, since it doesn't HAVE to be driven:zdevil:

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
DEAD SEXY! Think of all the ladies that can ride in there!

Looks like the cousin of the Mercury wagon that was running at the SSHS. Those make great demolition cars too! Have fun with that tank.

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
If a lot of smoke somes out of the exhaust...you can name it...

"Puff, the Tragic Wagon"

Sorry, had to throw that in. Yes, I immediatly thought of the Family Truckster from "Vacation".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts