TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally bought some new rims & tires. The wheels are Borbet LV5 17x7's from TireRack, and the tires are Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500 P235/55R17 from the local Ford dealer.

I think they look awesome.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I take it these are summer use only. They look good. Not a bad choice, its stylin'.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is summer use only now :) These rims aren't the most popular choice at TCCoA I'm sure but they remind me of the new Mustang GT wheels.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like them. I think it needs some tint now.
I agree :) I haven't had much time to stop and get a quote or two.... That's on my to-do list for this summer.

·
Super Moderator
9,318 Posts
Looking good! :) Gunmetal gray is my first choice in color for wheels.

·
Super Moderator
12,086 Posts
Looking good! :)

Gunmetal gray is my first choice in color for wheels.
:rolleyes: Likewise. :tongue:

Great choice. I like the contrast with the white paint. You know that it's now MANDATORY that you lower it. It's sacrilegious to put rims like that on a car and leave it at the stock ride height.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Drop that thing to the ground! The tint will be a great addition, looks good. Very clean styling indeed.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lower my car? That's crazy talk :) The new tires fill the wheel wells better and I don't think it needs to be lowered. Besides I dropped $1500 earlier this year for new springs/struts up front and new shocks in the back. So I won't be spending more cash now to lower it ;-)

I checked on tint but the one guy in town that does it hurt himself and he won't be doing tint again for a month. Oh well, I'll try to make myself feel better by doing the JMod in the meantime :)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Lower my car? That's crazy talk :) The new tires fill the wheel wells better and I don't think it needs to be lowered. Besides I dropped $1500 earlier this year for new springs/struts up front and new shocks in the back. So I won't be spending more cash now to lower it ;-)

I checked on tint but the one guy in town that does it hurt himself and he won't be doing tint again for a month. Oh well, I'll try to make myself feel better by doing the JMod in the meantime :)
Holy crap, you payed THAT for springs and shocks!!?

I payed $200 for my set of 4 Eibach Prokit lowering springs and $100 for some really low mile SC shocks... :tongue: :D

You could have lowered your car 5 times for what you payed...

·
Super Moderator
9,318 Posts
Lower my car? That's crazy talk :)
I'm with you on that. I suppose I'm part of what seems like the minority here who prefers stock ride height.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, the $1,500 was for suspension stuff, not just springs and shocks. I also replaced all front UCA, LCA, strut rod bushings (both sides), rear stab end links, and got an alignment for that money. I should have been more clear LOL. The springs/shocks were probably under $500. But I'm not doing that job again for another 15 years ha ha.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm with you on that. I suppose I'm part of what seems like the minority here who prefers stock ride height.
Yeah, either we're the minority or we're less vocal. I have no problem with the stock ride height.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is very difficult to find wheels that do not quite match the aesthetics of a thunderbird, unfortunately this case is no exception, in my opinion this model does not look so good

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Oh, the $1,500 was for suspension stuff, not just springs and shocks. I also replaced all front UCA, LCA, strut rod bushings (both sides), rear stab end links, and got an alignment for that money. I should have been more clear LOL. The springs/shocks were probably under $500. But I'm not doing that job again for another 15 years ha ha.
Springs and shocks alone are easy peasy. I payed around $1000 to rebuild mine last year, rebuilt everything you did.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Keep your fingers crossed :) Replacement parts don't seem to last nearly as long as the OEM's did.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I would have gone with different sized tires but overall I like it.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Keep your fingers crossed :) Replacement parts don't seem to last nearly as long as the OEM's did.
From what I have read on here the quality of the replacement parts differs wildly. I payed out my ass for Moog parts, but I think it was worth it in the long run over the cheap chinese knockoffs.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...Replacement parts don't seem to last nearly as long as the OEM's did.
I used Ford/Motorcraft for the stuff that counts, UCA, LCA, strut rod bushings, etc. I used Monroe for the shocks & front springs. Good enough I say...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts