TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well people's i found out the hard way about my bolt pattern. 5-4.25 is not the same as mustang so when i ordered my mach 1's they didnt fit go figure so now......... since i work for A machine shop ASP by the way. I'll be making myself a set of adapters 1" thick my question is " is that a safe enough thickness?"

·
Registered
680 Posts
Maybe a bad idea. . . but if you can redrill holes in that pattern, then couldn't you drill on the wheels themselves? I'd consider it if it had a center cap. . . but as previously mentioned a hub swap would work (and I would do this personally with those wheels).

Stephen

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
or just sell them and buy the right rims

·
Registered
367 Posts
adapters are not fun my buddy used them on hes tbird cause he had a set of cobra wheels he wanted to put on. he was racing and his wheel fell off. and yes everything was torqued down properly there really not worth having if ur into racing and taking corners fast and such it's just a accident waiting to happen

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
adapters are not fun my buddy used them on hes tbird cause he had a set of cobra wheels he wanted to put on. he was racing and his wheel fell off. and yes everything was torqued down properly there really not worth having if ur into racing and taking corners fast and such it's just a accident waiting to happen
thank you! i have been jumping up and down about this . people dont listen

·
Registered
367 Posts
where the circles are is where the wheel stud broke off. there was only 2 still in tact and the adapter who knows where it went. hes was racing a guy. took a turn fast and then started to notice a vibration then started to slow down. well the wheel came off at around 60mph. i would just do the hub swap. plus u'll have a bigger variety to choose from. if you get sick of those.

·
Registered
367 Posts
nevermind the adapter is still intact on the wheel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts