TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is friggin' falling apart!!! :bawling:

Running great, but it's those "little things" that will piss you off. :mad:

About 9 montsh ago the blend door went bad (AGAIN), but it had stuck in the "no heat" mode, so it wasn't a problem during the summer with nice cold A/C.... Until I hit a bump pretty hard and now I have heat... and no A/C.... :bawling:

Then the cover for one of the power window switches falls off and lands in my seat…

Then the cover for the interior door light lands in my back seat floor board…

Then the passenger seat auto goes forward when I put something in the back seat like it should... But won't go back on it’s own or with the controls. So it's all the way forward. (broken wire)

All this happened ON SATURDAY!!!!! :beek:

I'm like WTF!!! :redmad: :bawling:

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
About 9 montsh ago the blend door went bad (AGAIN), but it had stuck in the "no heat" mode, so it wasn't a problem during the summer with nice cold A/C.... Until I hit a bump pretty hard and now I have heat... and no A/C.... :bawling:
Welcome to my world. I deal with the same exact problem in the T-Bird. Luckily right now I have AC....but I know that bump in the road that knocks it back to heat will eventually come lol. :(

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
I wish mine would bump over to heat. Then I wouldn't have to pull the dash at the end of the summer. I never use AC anyway, so it really annoys me that it is stuck on cold.

For the window switch, is there a way to re-attach that top piece? Mine fell off too, and is sitting in my center console until I get around to trying to fix it.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the window switch, is there a way to re-attach that top piece? Mine fell off too, and is sitting in my center console until I get around to trying to fix it.
Yes there is... This was the last of the three of mine to have fallen off!!! :beek:

A small drop of clear RTV right in the middle seems to work fine. Probably any RTV would work, just don't cover up the LED. (At least that has worked for me so far. My other two haven't fallen off again... yet).

Take note: The cover is not symmetrical. IIRC, one end is slightly convex, and the other end is slightly concave. You have to make sure you get it alighted right or it won't hold the chrome surround properly.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
742 Posts
(cue sound of someone scratching the MK8 off of their vehicle shopping list...)

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
(cue sound of someone scratching the MK8 off of their vehicle shopping list...)
Drive the car before you scratch it off your list. The ride is SO NICE! After about 2 days of driving the car, I decided every car that you care about the ride quality, should get an air-ride suspension.

For the switch, the chrome trim around it wasn't siting right on mine. I must have had it backwards. I'll fix that tonight. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Time for some Alabama chrome.... :D

"If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts