TCCoA Forums banner

My project 306ci

683 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  teal944.6 
#1 ·
Well guys I am almost finished with my engine. Some of you probably remember me when I was having troubles desiding on what engine to run. I settled on a 5.0 thats been bored .30 over so now its 306ci. Here are some pics of the engine.

Here is the car its going into:

Shane

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Mike,

Heads are TFS Twisted Wedge, pistons are Speedpro hyper pistons .30 over, Lunati cam, stock crank and rods, Total Sean gapless rings, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold, and 650 cfm Mighty Demon carb.

I replaced the main and rod bearings along with a new oil pump and pickup. I think I might have a clearance issue. On the front rod journal that mounts the front two connecting rods there is I think a clearance issue between the two rod caps. I basically had to "tap" forcefully with a rubber mallet the second rod cap in just to get it into position so I could start threading the nuts onto the rod studs. My guess is that I should not have had to do that since none of the other rod journals were not like this. But this is the first 5.0L I have ever rebuilt so I dont know if this is normal or not. Is it?

Shane

PS, Mike the wheels are made by CCW. The water pump is made by Milodon and is for a V-belt setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.