TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
its almost done. I started a week ago. its a single T3 draw thru recurculating bypass setup to make 5 psi max with a quiet exhaust system. All i still need to do is fab the maf to turbo inlet pipe, and connect the p side manifold running under the bell housing to Y before the flange. and the exhaust is already build. I have about 40$ on the build right now. I already have the oil lines and injectors and almost everything i need.

fitting a round pipe into a square hole...

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah turbo cat over there. I'm using a Greddy knock-off. I'm removing the horn on it and i will find a tube that can screw in to the bov so it will recirculate back into the MAF to turbo pipe. As for injectors i do have tons 30# ers laying around and not sure on a maf yet or tuning. I'm sticking with the oem internal gate that is supose to crack at 5 psi. I just wanted a little more torque from the 4.0 slug and hopefully with the small turbine it should be able to spool quick. the motor was a good tested yard motor that i just recently dropped in. its a 5 speed so 5 psi should keep the power down enough to not kill the gearbox. I'm trying to keep it simple to get it doe and keep it together

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah turbo cat over there. I'm using a Greddy knock-off. I'm removing the horn on it and i will find a tube that can screw in to the bov so it will recirculate back into the MAF to turbo pipe. As for injectors i do have tons 30# ers laying around and not sure on a maf yet or tuning. I'm sticking with the oem internal gate that is supose to crack at 5 psi. I just wanted a little more torque from the 4.0 slug and hopefully with the small turbine it should be able to spool quick. the motor was a good tested yard motor that i just recently dropped in. its a 5 speed so 5 psi should keep the power down enough to not kill the gearbox. I'm trying to keep it simple to get it doe and keep it together
I like to say you deserve alot of credit, because alot of ppl always talk about doing this, and u are acctually doing it

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
haha yeah and i just picked up the turbo monday. At least a few things made this build easier the 91s dont have egr and the IAT is already screwed into the intakes plenum. As for vaccum ll just have to check valve before the vaccum tree. theres a fitting right under the TB for the evap and i can use that for the BOV signal. tommorw ill finish the hotside by connecting the p side bank to the drivers side hot side. And then fabb up the maf to turbo pipe

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
nice work, good luck with it. I always wished my first gen was faster but I knew the a4ld would never handle it, since it couldn't handle normal driving lol. I miss that truck so bad. I might have to look into another one maybe.

·
Registered
129 Posts
badazz!! not sure if i missed it but what are you doing for tuning? just an FMU or something?

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok ok i took the time quickly to upload some digitals now i got to get to work and finish the kit today well minus the tuning equip and the oil lines( well if i have time the oil lines will be plumbed)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
heres some of the latest Im beat up for the day...
under and up was going to be difficult so i went around...

oh and tomoorw i will be moving the radiator towrads the fan an a inch or so to the p side for more clearance along with making shields for a few items

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
make sure to make a video of this ripping down the street.
or atleast the transmission exploding :thumbsup: those 1st gen exploder trannys were crap. oh btw the tires you got on that thing.. toyo open country at's or nito terra graplers (i dont think thy are but it kinda looks like em).

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well hopefully the trans dosent explode but i'm going to be babying it like i still do now. I wouln't be power shifting it or racing it. I just wanted more power to help the torque less paper weight of a motor out. The tires just say wild country xlt radials well 3 of them i had to get one replaced. There 31x10s i want to latter when free cash is available to put 33s on and flip the leafs in the back and a kit in the front for a 5inch lift (maybe)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts