TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Last night about 1:00am we had a neighbor tell us that the car door was open and there was glass every where. Some one broke out my passenger side window and tore the inside of the car apart trying to get the cd player out of the dash. They broke the center console, black trim around the cd/ac and the bolts on the part that surrounds the spedo and tack, has the bottom bolt fasteners broken off. Not to mentinon the amp was ripped out of the trunk mount and the speaker and box is also gone. My passenger seat is soaked from the rain, not to mention the speaker on that door is totally fried. I have a 1000.00 deductable. I was qouted 192.00 to replace the window. I don't see how the rest of that stuff is going to cost 808.00. So I geuss the money I was saving for the suspention rebuild is going to fix my ride. Does any one know how much all that stuuf is to fix? Not junk yard fix, how much for the insurance company to fix it a a shop? Maybe I can get the bill up past the deductable.

Eric

P.S I know 1000 is a lot for the comprehensive, but my wife thought comp was when an acident happened.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Comp for me is pretty much whenever something happens to my car that I did not cause. My insurance actually put a new engine in my car after I drove through a flood, and replaced my brothers radio and some interior in his eclipes after some broke into his. That is with State Farm. Oh and no deductable, are you sure about that $1000.00?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, I am certian about the deductable. It is actually 998.00. So I am so pissed. But my insurance is only like 56.oo a month for two cars in california. It's about 100 under any other place. We moved our detuctable down to 50.00, now my insurance is 76.00 a month...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good call, I had a salvaged titled Stang about 7 years ago. It sucked when I got in to a wreck. They wanted to junk it because it was only worth 1200. It would have cost 1500 to fix it. Eric

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
ITHURTZ said:
http://www.smashandgrab.com/

maybe you can give that a shot, and a nice alarm. Might not always save you from a broken window, but alteat your things will stay put
That stuff is really popular in Mexico city, supposedly.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wow- I can sympathize. Mine got broken into last month. Didn't get the stereo, but destroyed it trying to get it out. Got my perscription sunglasses and a radar detector.
Sounds like they took their time on yours... :( The $192 is about what I paid for my window too ($170+labor @ Custom Auto Body on Raytheon Rd.)

SoCal is getting to be a bad place for Birds.

Peter M.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
funderbird said:
Unfortunately, I am certian about the deductable. It is actually 998.00. So I am so pissed. But my insurance is only like 56.oo a month for two cars in california. It's about 100 under any other place. We moved our detuctable down to 50.00, now my insurance is 76.00 a month...

So you were quoted for $998 to fix everything?
Or your deductible is a weird number @ $998?
Can't you go to a more expensive shop, and have it quoted out?

Or break one more thing, push it past $1,000 :angel2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts