TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody experienced the 17x9 cobra R's rubbing the spindle up front in a 94 bird? It has the 36 mil backspacing. It also looks like the tire is going to mess up my wheel well when i hit a big bump. The tire sticks out from the body. It is a 255/50/17 Can anyone give me advice on what i should do? Thanks

GC

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the spacer would solve my spindle problem but it would make the problem with the tire sticking out even worse, is there any way to fix the tire problem by getting different tires? Thanks for the help

GC

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
bigbird94 said:
Has anybody experienced the 17x9 cobra R's rubbing the spindle up front in a 94 bird? It has the 36 mil backspacing. It also looks like the tire is going to mess up my wheel well when i hit a big bump. The tire sticks out from the body. It is a 255/50/17 Can anyone give me advice on what i should do? Thanks

GC
Get a smaller tire up front! :D

Hey.. someone had to have a smart *** comment..

Nothing much you can do except a smaller tire or a spacer...

245 is really the biggest that should be up in teh front (to have proper clearance) I'm intending on a 235 up front and a 275 in the rear coming this spring...

·
Registered
871 Posts
I got 275's in the front and the rear, and it looks mean as hell, with no rubbing or scraping with the 17" Cobra R Rims - oh ya no spacers

http://members.tccoa.com/mn12brd/IMAG0012.jpg

SOrry for the crappy pic, but my digital camera sucks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, the car is on jackstands right now for a brake swap in the rear so i havent had a chance to drive on the car with the new rims and tires. Thanks for the help, i dont know what im going to do but ill figure it out;)

GC

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Carlover007 said:
I got 275's in the front and the rear, and it looks mean as hell, with no rubbing or scraping with the 17" Cobra R Rims - oh ya no spacers

http://members.tccoa.com/mn12brd/IMAG0012.jpg

SOrry for the crappy pic, but my digital camera sucks
Yeah man, I have 255's all around, w/ no rubbing and no spacers, with the 17x9 Cobra R's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts