TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..
Today, i started to drive my SC 92 and when i stop my car, the needle of the vacum/boost cluster went from 15lb to 10lb, the needle of the RPM cluster start to down the rpms and after raise and low again, and the car began to move some strange, and the car feel like it want turn off.

And i dont got any Check engine light!

Anyone have any idea of what can be the problem.???

thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
:confused:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bad news..
My friend put their Scanner on my Tbird and the scanner show the Air temp Intake sensor is High or is Open..

Whats the Air temp Intake sensor?

·
Registered
935 Posts
I think your refering to the IAC or the Idle Air Control...It sounds about right as to how you portray your problems compared to other posts on bad IAC's that's I've read.

As for its location it is the Diamond shaped sensor on your throttle...next to your TPS (throttle positioning sensor). You'll see what I mean when you look on your throttle body.

Give it a go and see if it fixs your symptoms...it's a fairly cheap sensor...say 80-100 perhaps less (this is what I was told by a firend).

Let me know if it helps.

-Tim

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I car Is done!

The mechanic needed to remove the supercharger and he told me the car had a "air entrance" somewhere of the engine, because the injectors are putting a lot of fuel
(more than 3V on idle).

I rememeber he told me the problem was on the manifold or some like that..

And well, after the repair, i test my car on a highway and my car now is puttng 12 psi.. after only put 10 or 11.

What u think guys?

·
Registered
85 Posts
You had a vacuum leak. :D Sounded like it was at the intake manifold.

You may want to reset the computer (disconnect the battery) & see if that code for the intake air temperature sensor still appears. The sensor could still need replacement, and not manifest its symptoms in an obvious manner.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep.. The Air Intake Sensor was remplaced too because it was broken. I belive the problem only was that sensor, but he problem dont fixed when they change the sensor..

So, i think it was a vacumm leak.. maybe!!

Thanks a lof for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts