TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the ford dealership today to get a multifunction switch that i ended up not buying cause they want $150 for it..., but I had them do a recall check on my 91 auto cause 'I know they did the recall for it on 92's cause i had to take my old car in for it. But he ran my vin and it said it wasnt a real vin, so I guess my car doesnt exist to them lol haha, Justin

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Na not a writing error lol, I took the little plastic warrenty card out of my owners manual to them, then i went and checked it off the lil plate behind the windshield. Then he checked it in my door and it all was the same, just didnt come up with anything lol. Justin

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have the same problem with my 91 base 5.0, when i try to look up oasis on it it says invalad vin, you have to look up the recalls manually by year model and see if they apply

Josh

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Na, it's not a Canadian model, motorized zeat belts and it's lived its whole life 20 mins from my house lol. Any one have a good link to look up the recalls by year and model? The ford dealership wanted to argue with me on those saying thier not accurate cause they dont use the cars vin number:rolleyes: Justin

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya thier all stupid at the dealership close to me.When i pulled up they were like whoa dude hes got a supercoupe, thats a blown 5.0!! I started laughin at em...I dont trust the mechanics up there at all. I've heard nothing but horror stories about having work done up there. Either about how much they charge or how half-a$$ed thier work is. Comparible to the Ford dealership in Eldorado, Kansas, " ya thiers a bad sylenoid*i cant spell i'm sorry lol* in your dash causeing the truck to lose oil pressure and over heat" all after we told them it wasn't a gauge problem the oil pump was bad, and guess what $1500 for misc bs later it was the oil pump. We coudlnt do the work ourselves cause we were 4 hours from home in a truck we just bought *84 bronco* and we didnt know anyone in the area.

Thanks for the links, but I think i'm just going to go to a junk yard and get about 4 of em and have spares lol wont hurt since we have 3 birds at my house lol. Justin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts