TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if this isn’t the most depressing thing that I can possibly think of!! :bawling:

I just spent the time to sign up and create a profile (and it takes a while to create the profile) on eHarmony, which from what I’ve read is the best “online dating” place to find a mate. And I'm all excited, knowing that somewhere in the US there is someone that has the same interestes/outlooks as I do. :D :thumbsup:

Well I knew I was weird, but damn, NOT A SINGLE MATCH FOR ME IN THE WHOLE USA!!!! :bawling:

Talk about that just sucking beyond all belief!! :redmad:

Should I just shoot myself now… :2huh: :leftright

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
There is someone for you somewhere in the U.S. She just isn't using eHarmony! Sooooo.... get your a** off the computer, go have fun, and you're gonna come across her!

--Molly

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Stop looking so hard. They tend to fall in your lap when you give up. That's what happened to me (my fiancee also). We basically had both given up on finding anyone, then we (re)met in June of 2000 (we knew of each other in high school, but went to different schools), sparks flew... We'll be getting married in July.

·
Registered
11 Posts
try american single.com and yahoo peronals...all that kind of thing...don't give up...i know there is someone out there for you...but also go out and look not just on here...not everybody looks online..

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Cougar281 said:
Stop looking so hard. They tend to fall in your lap when you give up...
Don't believe it. I gave up years ago. Still alone.

·
8,239 Posts
I'm with the "fall in your lap comment".

At the most unexpected moment you might just meet someone special, you won't think its going to turn into a real relationship until it does.

No need to be negative or down in the dumps, there are so many girls out there its insane.

JH

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
tinman_72 said:
Don't believe it. I gave up years ago. Still alone.
I agree.

94DD,

I don't know what to tell you. Sucks about what happened with the last one. Where are you going to try and find women? Library, coffee shop, local college, AA meeting? :tongue: Anyway just keep pluggin' away being friendly and going on with your own thing and I think you will find one.

Russ

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Maybe you need to look on a Russian brides website.....I know they would be eager to meet your accomadation. :D You know I am just messin' with you. ;)

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the encouragement guys and gals! :bowdown:

I think a few major "drawbacks" that I have in the "meeting girls" department is that

1. I work in a computer room and only deal with people on the phone. i.e. I never meet anybody through my job. And there are a whopping 15 other PEOPLE in our whole building!!! :(

2. I'm not a religious person, so when someone tells me to go to church to meet someone, I just can't do that since I don't think that's really the right reason to go to church. And I live in the buckle of the Bible belt. :beek:

3. I’m not into the whole bar scene or going out partying. Been there done that, have the dead brain cells to prove it… I think… :rofl:

4. People get married down here in AL at a VERY young age (or so it seems). So unless I want to start hanging out at high school football games looking for a date, the women are either married or have some major “baggage”. :(

96Bird: YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THE LATEST ON THAT FIASCO!!! And yeah, she was someone that just fell in my lap!!!

Russian wives... :rofl: Sorry, but I really like my security clearance as it is... I'd rather not have to brief my security manager on my new "woman from Russia”... (I've been doing a lot of that lately anyway with the latest one!! :redmad: )

·
Registered
890 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
2. I'm not a religious person, so when someone tells me to go to church to meet someone, I just can't do that since I don't think that's really the right reason to go to church. And I live in the buckle of the Bible belt. :beek:

If you have no problem with going to church other than that, then just be upfront about it. Tell anyone who asks that you are just there to meet some nice people.

Most churches have other functions and activities than just the worship service. Try bible studies, pot lucks, weekend events, outings, etc.

If you know ANYBODY that goes to the church, just ask them about things to do, any church worth attending will be more than happy to have new people, even if you are just 'visiting'.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Maybe do some volunteer work? Lots of nurses at hospitals, teachers at schools... etc. Unless I miss my guess you wouldn't consider that a waste of your time even if you didn't meet someone.

Or get you a kiosk in the mall selling cheap jewelry. ;)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
2 words advice , stop looking , dont give them the damn 40 bucks for that. i wasnt impressed iwth eharmony either . too many questions and they pick people for you . i never liked the ones they picked for me. so i dont use it. . i have bad luck doingi dating and have been having more girls jsut appear latley .

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just to throw my .02 in here....I got dumped recently....and I was depressed as hell about it, and was not looking to meet anyone, since I wasn't looking, I've met at least 6 girls this week, had two of them all over me, wanting more....kinda crazy, just let it happen. They'll come to you.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
if you haven't already...take a vacation somewhere not near where you live where the vibe is different, go out and you're bound to meet someone.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Well 94DD, I am 42 and single. Well not married, I have a wonderful girlfriend that I met through yahoo personals. My roommate tried EHarmony and i wasn't impressed with it for the reasons listed above. I noticed that one of the difficulties you mentioned was "baggage". I'm not sure what you consider to be "baggage", but you have to accept the fact that at our age most single women weren't always single and are going to have kids, ex's, etc. My girlfriend has a 12 year old girl from a previous marriage, but she and I are the best of friends now. Anyway, good luck on your search and if you need some tips on the use of Match.com and Yahoo Personals (My two favorites prior to meeting Noretta) just PM me. Its always good to see someone on here who remembers the 80's instead of being born in them! :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
DHightower said:
Just to throw my .02 in here....I got dumped recently....and I was depressed as hell about it, and was not looking to meet anyone, since I wasn't looking, I've met at least 6 girls this week, had two of them all over me, wanting more....kinda crazy, just let it happen. They'll come to you.

lol don't mean to discredit you or anything, and I'm glad it is happening for you. When I was 21 things like that happened to me constantly. Sadly, things change when you get t o 21 X 2. The honeys just don't seem to swarm around you like they used to.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Traveler said:
... The honeys just don't seem to swarm around you like they used to.
Unless you happen to be one of those that has a large wad of cash to flash. They'll flock to that no matter the age... and yeah, I'm 21 x 2 so I know a little about them not swarming anymore.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
yea, I had forgotten about the external factors. Wads of Cash, big.... boats, sports cars, etc. Young ladies are still attracted to shiny pretty things. Ladies of our age tend to look for little things like..... employed, single, stable, (own home, mostly debt free, etc), no prison record. And of course not looking like Quasimodo is still a plus.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorry, I must not have been thinking, I suppose there is a difference there...however I still think it's like when you lose your keys....Soon as you give up looking for them, you sit down and they jab you in the butt.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts