TCCoA Forums banner

421 - 440 of 478 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I'd use them.
The ones I bought years ago look like the left one; I'm with Zep, they're two build dates.

The newest ones are sealed better, and have weep holes, from a post I saw here somewhere.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Same thing, just different build dates? Could explain the different boots. My OCD would want them identical, but you could be in for a long fight. That sucks!
I’m very OCD but I’d just use them as is.
I'd use them.
The ones I bought years ago look like the left one; I'm with Zep, they're two build dates.

The newest ones are sealed better, and have weep holes, from a post I saw here somewhere.
Yeah, they're likely different build dates as you guys are saying. And doing the whole exchange / refund thing all over again to get a matching set isn't going to be fun to go through all over again.

The newer one appears to be the one with the stubby dark blue cover on the right as it is the one that has the weep hole.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
ACDelco bought Raybestos line of parts; they actually are the best quality I've found.

Their kit for the window motor is way better than the rest, as are the control arms, and everything else.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
ACDelco bought Raybestos line of parts; they actually are the best quality I've found.

Their kit for the window motor is way better than the rest, as are the control arms, and everything else.
That's exactly why I buy ACDelco parts if OEM or the OE isn't available. My second go-to choice if ACDelco isn't around is Mevotech.

In both cases, I get their premium line of products.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
I'm looking at getting those swivel end links for the rear. Post #82 of this thread is where I had made a post regarding them, but now I can't find any information as to what they are who makes them, or anything. And of course, I didn't put them down on my Excel spreadsheet to easily reference them and where to purchase them from.

IIRC, these swivel end links for the rear are from a GM vehicle, I want to say the "Catfish" Camaro?

I tried searching but the only thing that I could find was in this thread?

·
Administrator
8,244 Posts
The stock set up has the swivel end links, is that what's in the picture? Hard to tell.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
This is the stock rear one, from RA.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
Found them!

I guess they need some minor modification to fit, but I'm not sure what that is at the moment. The link was buried in a PM and it was all the information I had. I couldn't find what the modification is.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice! I'd only see length or size of the studs, as possible issues. I'll likely get a set as well. They look much better built than what I got with my bar...

·
Super Moderator
5,167 Posts
Found them!

I guess they need some minor modification to fit, but I'm not sure what that is at the moment. The link was buried in a PM and it was all the information I had. I couldn't find what the modification is.

View attachment 38487

I likee!!!

RwP

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Nice! I'd only see length or size of the studs, as possible issues. I'll likely get a set as well. They look much better built than what I got with my bar...
That looks like a threaded rod; if it's too short, it can be replaced.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
Inner tie rods came in today from SCP. They're a lot smaller than I thought they'd be!

Earlier today I sent my shock mount hardware to MM to modify for me. Next month I'll be getting the aluminum subframe bushings from a member of the FB TCCOA page.

Once I get those in, that will only leave me with spring perches and the Spohn end links I posted about as the last parts I need to acquire to complete my suspension build.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
Thank you @MaddMartigan ! These came back to me today in their final form.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #437
I'm so close!!!

I literally just need the subframe bushings and spring perches now. The subframe bushings I'll be purchasing them in two weeks time leaving me with just the perches as the remaining item on my list!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I went with Aluminum "pucks". Basically just 1.5" chunk of 3" wife aluminum bar. I plan to drill a hole in the center for the bolt, then find a washer the thickness of the arm that barely fits in the bottom hole to center the puck, them a wider washer below it to home everything together. I'll have $30 in the perches. I'd really like to just turn a small protrusion that fits that pocket on one side on the puck, but I don't know if anyone with a lathe.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
There were pix of mine in the new gallery; which they've lost again, lol.

421 - 440 of 478 Posts