1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
removed the lame light in the bumper skin

filled the licence plate holes and removed the bird emblem

removed the side moldings

removed the center reflectors, (on my year)

My extra solenoid to open the trunk if the stock one fails

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
factory color 3Q becuase i don't want to mess with the engine compartment and door jambs. its the factory color now, other than the primer.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
that light wasn't lame...those are awesome. I had those on my 89, and my 90 SHO has them. They light up the corner when you turn on the blinker. I'm even going to mod my wiring so they turn on with the foglights. Can you say 180deg view?!

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol - i always thought of it as a "hit me here" beacon as it blinds the people turning. i just thought it would clean things up some to remove it. :D

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I agree with GreenBird. I had the cornering lights on my 89 and wish I had them on my 97. Great option. Most all Cadillacs have them. They just plain handy.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Handy comes with a price if you ask me. I think the number one thing to help a car look good is to keep it clean. No extra moulding or stripes or decals or lights to clutter it up.

I think shaving is an awesome thing, but probably gets addictive. I can't wait to shave my trunk lock and the holes behind the Ford emblem!

Clean Clean Clean, that's what it's all about.

-danimal

·
Registered
970 Posts
Ohh by the way,

hey Bagged89, you've done a great job on the body work. What did you use to patch the eurothane bumper and all of the other panels? I'm not huge into body work myself, but want to start shaving a few things off.

I don't have the cornering lamps (luckily), but I want to patch my license plate holes, and shave my trunk lock.

Should i slather on the bondo for the trunk lock?

Thanks,
-danimal

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
first off if you have no access to the trunk from inside the car through the back seat, give yourself another method of opening the trunk, if the solenoid fails you'll have to cut it open. with my trunk fully installed i can't get in there from indise the car so i added the other solenoid.

to remove the key hole, weld in a small circle panel, then use bondo to smooth it out. Technically, i use Kitty hair (fiberglass reinforced filler) to do 90% of the smoothing. I just think its cheap insurance againist cracking, then bondo, primer then glazing putty. Get a good catalized primer, they will fill 60 git scratches. No rattle cans! if you use the correct materals it actually easier, not cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

for the bumper skins i used "flexable bumper repair" from perma-tex it is a 2 part epoxy type thing. I actually glued a crack in the skin with it. seems to work really good. SEM also makes some stuff but it about 4 times the price. the perma-text was at pep boys for $4.

i filled the lights in front with a fiberglass panel glassed on then smoothed, kitty hair, and so on like the key hole.

the tailights were a CHORE!!!! if you do it right you want to match the conour of the trunk, there is vertical and horizontal curves (compound curves) took 16 hrs to just get it all welded up, ready for body work. i will have some pics of it just metal soon.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Ok that makes 2 birds I have seen with the filled in rear tail-light reflectors (sorry man syndicatechicken beat ya to it) Looks really good man, keep it up. Any chance for some free bags? (just kidding)

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats true. he beat me, but this guy beat him :p

this was the first i ever saw but there could be others. but ours is different i'm rounded hes squared - double :p :p

free bags? no problem, ---- paper or plastic

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I agree about them corner lamps on the bumper being really handy. My '91 had them, but my '93 doesn't. They come in handy for looking off to the side such as in the ditch to find that half dead house cat you just ran over... just park with the turn signal on and you have a nice light pointing off to the side. Almost as good as a spotlight mounted on the A-Pillar. But I do like the idea of having the extra solenoid. I know that I have the electric opening gas door and sometimes when I press the button it doesn't work, so then I have to open my trunk. Well my trunk lock doesn't work with a key and sometimes the in glove box button doesn't work either, so I unlatch my back seat and fold it down and crawl into the trunk and pull the cable....all to get gas! I think i need that extra trunk opening option.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Nice work, Bagged89. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. I agree with you on the turn lamps too-- they LOOK tacky, no matter how convenient they are.

PJ

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
BAGGED89 said:
thats true. he beat me, but this guy beat him :p

thats nice, real clean. i like the effect around the rear corners. not a fan of the wheels tucking like that, but thats just me. real clean job there. hope to see your paint come out well. :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
bagged???

hey bagged what kinda rims do you have and how much were they?? if you dont mind me askin

thanks
Jay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts