TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night..my sunroof quit working...then earlier...i start the car..and i go to put it in gear..and the button on the shifter wont move..i have the brake in and everything..but nothing happens..what is goin on here?

·
Registered
798 Posts
you can bypass the Shift Park Interlock? thing this way. Put your finger on the button, and try to push it in, then turn the key slowly towards the "ON" position until the button goes in, now you can slide the shifter back a hair and start the car. Do you brake lights work? Check the the brake light switch if they don't, also you might check fuses since the sunroof also quit.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Check ALL your fuses, and by check, I mean take each one out and inspect it in good lighting. Don't forget the fuses in the engine bay either. And yeah, Green95LX is right, just turn the key one position forward from LOCK and press the button. (Or just disconnect the cable like me) :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
..it was a blown fuse..my seats werent working either! i didnt know a fuse could do all that damage..no shift..no brake lights..no sunroof..no electronic seat controls

·
Registered
798 Posts
Well see, the brake light switch also tells the shift lock that you have the brake pedal depressed. So when the brake pedal switch doesn't get power or fails, the shift interlock won't function also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts