TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..
Recently in the morning, when i start the engine, the car shake a little and the boost gauge move it a little to 0, and a few secs after, the car get a little RPM throttle and the car stay fine..

Only this ocurr when the car is cold. (in the morning). and i dont get any Check engine light..

Any idea?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not an answer but my Tbird's shocks seem really hard in the morning for about 5 minutes until I warm it up then they make no noise and seem to soften up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont think the problem is the engine mounts.. because its only when the car is cold.

I think it have a problem on the IAC. On Parking, i push the accelerator on about 4000 RPMS and when i left the pedal, the RPM gauge back very slow.

·
Registered
185 Posts
you are correct the iac can do this but also try this disconnect the battery and turn on headlights then connect battery again , do this in morning before you start car then crank over engine dont give it any accelerater let it relearn idle,

it will race up rpms then settle back to where it should be ,
sometimes the car just needs to relearn its idle when its cold . a symtom of the .
computers back up battery "memory" going bad

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well. i went to my mechanic and he put a Scanner and he got a code. I think was the MAP/MAF low than expected or some like that.

So, he cleaned the MAF and cleared the code and i went to race a little the car again, pushing some boost and after, i come back to the mechanic. Again, he put the scanner and he didnt found anything.. I left the car with the engine on about some mins. and after, the car began to shake. He check on the scanner about code and no code was there!! :eek:.
So, he made a "controlated error test" or some like that and i got again problems with the MAF. So, it will changed. Today, im going for my car and test it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts