TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to take these pics for months now, but I was recently inspired by ShadowDragon.

I used to have red needles but they didn't light up right, and once I got the intelliglow needle kit, I wanted them to be as clear as possible, so now they are white again.

The LMS gauges could be of better quality, but for the money and the custom touch, I think they are way worth it.

The blue numbering was done with Toucan Ind. hyperwhite bulbs and a dual layer of blue celluloid. It was a PITA to get this done right, but the final results were worth it. It doesn't light up as bright as the pics lead you to believe, but they are still awesome. The needles kits are available in different colors... These were supposed to be blue, but they ended up being purple.

The last pic is of my whole dash-- as you can see, the blue doesn't clash too hard with the green, especially with the MP3 player with multiple colors.

PJ

PS-- The intelliglow needle kit was a gift from my girlfriend, Amanda... She has become an essential part to my T-Birds life- for that I am greatful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sweet

wish i could dress mine up like that, folks with the old bases don't have that many choices though :(

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
HOLY COW, SOMETHING IS DRIVING YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!! (look in his sig)
Sorry I just saw that. haha good idea

Where did you get those needles from? Those are cool. And i wish my girlfriend would buy me something for my car, she refuses to buy me anything for my car.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:

Where did you get those needles from? Those are cool. And i wish my girlfriend would buy me something for my car, she refuses to buy me anything for my car.
no, thats just PJ. he got sick of the human look, so he had plastic surgery. :D

my ex-girlfriend bought me my shift kit. good for her. unknown to her was the J-Mod, but the tranny its still holding up strong.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ooooh, heres mine, :)

I haven't put in the blue lights yet behind it because I am lazy, so right now they light up orange, :p

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
I want that....

Yes, unfortunately I have a Cougar LS, with the standard digital instrumentation.....it's not bad because i can get average mpg, instang mpg, trip, and it tells how many miles are left in my tank, but i just love analog. These pics are making me jealous, maybe I'll convert to an analog setup.....possible?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BlackTbird96 said:

My girlfriend purchased the needle kit off of ebay, but you can get them from www.importintelligence.com (I know it's an oxymoron... unless your car has a rotary in it).

To get your girlfriend to buy stuff for your car, offer to do work on hers. I rebuilt my girlfriend's AOD and got an MP3 player out of it. Since she paid for parts, good deal for me!

How do you get a 4.2L in a bird? You install one. It was a pretty straight forward swap, and it's a whole new world of torque...

The 3.8 is pretty torquey to begin with, but the new displacement and IMRCs get my car moving as if I installed 4.10 gears-- which I have and have not installed yet. Only thing is with my stock exhaust (and closed cut-out), all the power is choked above 3500 RPMs... Check in with me again after I get Kooks headers and true duals with Magnaflows and Dr. Gas X-pipe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ok pj

I helped with amanda's trans, how come she hasn't bought me anything? I also helped you yank that 3.8 in and then we tried to squeeze that 4.2 in with the non-mustang pan.
ME - "PJ I don't think it is going to fit"
PJ-"yeah it will just push"
PJ and I - "OK, NO IT IS NOT"
So when ever you guys wanna get me those gauges and needles let me know, j/k. Glad to hear that thing is running finally, and running strong. lata

p.s. - I still have that blue glow inside that you don't ;)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris, you know I took you and your girlfriend out for dinner a few times...

BTW, you're making our conversation sound really... gay.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ok my bad, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE ENGINE!!!!!!! better!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Now, you know I gotta put my gauges up here too ;)

·
Registered
604 Posts
I got 'em at procarparts.com and did a little modding to get more blue out of them. Cluster is actually for a SC but it works just fine on mine :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
The gauges fit 89-92 only

·
Registered
179 Posts
Gauges

I have the same ones alex,
How did you MOd them to get more blue ? i whould be intrested in more blue also =)
BLUE

GREEN

WHITE

·
Registered
93 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:
And i wish my girlfriend would buy me something for my car, she refuses to buy me anything for my car.
no kidding, i even mention "car" and my girl plugs up her ears and starts humming.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
kyle's (chrometip) girlfriend will start giving us glares and even at times hit us if we talk about cars too much. not just our cars, but any car and we can be sitting there talking for a good two hours about. i guess she doesnt like being left out.. lol -greg

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
PJ-4.2L said:

My girlfriend purchased the needle kit off of ebay, but you can get them from www.importintelligence.com (I know it's an oxymoron... unless your car has a rotary in it).

I know this is old and all, but first thread that I saw that what I was lookin for...

PJ, which model did you end up getting that would fit? How hard was it to install? Can you vary the brightness with the dimmer switch?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All I know is that it's a generic kit for 4 small needles and two large ones. It was a pain to install (lot's of small parts to work with) but I like the result. It comes with a dimmer.

PJ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts