TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back I order an aluminum Explorer block(bare). It arrives with a slightly mushroomed area where the oil pan meets the front cover. The block went back.

I recently picked up a Bullitt intake and there is a runner that looks to have been repaired after a poor casting finish.

I'm in no way upset with where these parts came from, as all my parts dealings have been great(one exception due to a lost package).

My beef is.....this has to be a sign and I am sick of having issues lately. I guess it all started with a lost package(sc parts), then the block and now my intake. Three times in under 2 months. Just getting frustrated. And my car is still posted in the "for sale" forum. I still have another car to work on, but I'm beginning to think this is all started to turn into a big waste of money. :zapyth:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Here is my take Todd...

You did the right thing on the block as it may of may not have had issues later. They did get you a new block right?

As far as the intake. Did you inspect it and then talk to the dealer you ordered it from and talk about replacing it as well? Knowing how much that dude is I would expect it perfect.

Jim Long

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not get another block. I had my account credited. Unless the block was crated I would not want another one sent UPS. It was shipped in a cardboard box.

The pictures went to the dealer and the party I purchased the intake from...we'll see what happens with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts