TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, here is how I did my intake. I know it ain't pretty but it gets the job done. I'll be painting it up when I do my engine swap.

That's what I did to ensure possitive crankcase ventalation. (could have done a better job on that) $5

That's the flex tube from auto zone. $20

That's the 90 degree PVC pipe from Home depot. $4

That's my 9'' KnN from Advance attached to a piece of wood. $50

That's the hole I cut. Priceless

That's the piece of sheet metal I had to rivet on to cover up the hole that I cut in the fender well so that the filter could drop straight in. It folds up under the car as well. A little tricky but not too bad.

That's the car I beat after I got it all put together.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I a bit new so bare with me...

What is the purpose of all this? I mean, the filter poking down like that. I would think you would want things positioned to so air is "forced" down the intake.

Speaking of that.. did anybody see the dyno test where the guys used a Stihl blower on a car? they actually got some gain out of it. They they were spraying nitrous down the intake with the blower. got a pretty big gain there too...:cool:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The purpose is just for cold air intake. You have to jump through quite a bit of hoops to actually get a ram air setup.

·
Registered
598 Posts
On a side note about the car you posted...could you imagine pulling up to the McDonald's drive through window and trying to figure out how to cram your biggie drink through that winow?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
For Another 50-60 You Could Of Had A Premade One ,

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think it is some sort of initiation process to the T-Birds. Everyone seems to attempt their best MacGyver impersonation and create something instead of just buying it.

I had 4 or 5 different set ups. The last one I think I used the dryer duct tubing. I thought nothing of the fact it was made of aluminum until I saw rain literally vaporizing the second it hit the hood. I concluded later it was getting hot in there. :D

It seems most of us eventually either get sick of the way it looks or finally have money to upgrade. Usually by that point we could have bought two or three with what we had spent at Home Depot!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Wtf!?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Holy thread erection batman

1 - 16 of 16 Posts