TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RESOLVED

1997 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 V8 LX w/Auto Climate Control.

I have just about completed replacing the blend door actuator. I pulled the entire dash out and now have it 90% of the way back in.

When I turn the acc on the vents blow on what seems to be high and the climate control unit does not turn on.

I have only one plug that remains unplugged located behind the dash. It is behind the inside temperature sensor, is grey, has mainly purple and pink wires from the plug and is anchored to the metal frame of the dash.

Does Anyone have knowledge of what this plug is and if it is the cause of the problem I am experiencing? Any other possible ideas as to what may be causing this are welcomed as well.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
10 wires total.

Seven of them are purple, purple/orange.

Three of them are pink/black.

Doing some research, a possibility is a bad blower motor resistor pack.

This is possible but I am leaning towards something else tied to the climate control unit. The fans are running on high, but the CCU is not powering on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for combining posts. I do not use forums all that often, my apologies. :)

Thanks for the help!! Problem solved :)

The gremlin was a loose connection. The main wire harness on the steering column. I had started threading the bolt that holds it in place. However, I had not tightened it down fully.

Only took me triple checking all my connections to find the bugger!!

Happy Holidays to all!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts