TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some years back I could have sworn I saw a Thunderbird in what I believe was mysti chrome. The color varied depending on light between blue, green, and purple. Anyone ever seen one or am I just imaging it?
Also if someone does have one, I'd be interested in buying it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Love this car. This is probably the one you are thinking of.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had one like Justin Cases, mine was completely rust free though, Paulyratts bought it, he sometimes visits the forum, problem was the motor and trans were blown but body and interior rocked and paint was a bit faded from roof to trunk after sitting in the sun for a year.

Years ago I drove it from Glendale Heights to Romeoville, and Bolingbrook, then Shorewood, and Joliet IL. Till it suffered the fallout with the motor and trans.

The paint always made people stare at it, some asked me where I got it painted, laughed told them it was factory and I even seen it on Windstar minivans think ford would have done that paint to anything in 95 if you paid them to, even seen a Cougar XR-7 in Bolingbrook with that same paint, I really wanted to see if I could buy that car for a while so I could have one of each thought it would be a cool setup, never could catch the owner of it, just saw it from time to time on the streets usually traveling the opposite direction from me.

My dad had it before I did, said some guy approached him one time wanted to buy it, said he had a ground effects kit and all for it too, no one ever propositioned me but I really never cared either, there used to be some guy in Shorewood had a 95 in white with a xenon kit and yellow painted interior and alloy mark VIII rims then some young blonde used to drive it around and I didn't see it no more, also they had a 96-97 red thunderbird with 94-95 fanblade wheels at the same house. They lived near my old house in Shorewood so I used to see that car a lot ended up on craigslist one time and was taken off and then sat at the house for a while and disappeared strange...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I think the Thunderbird also had a reddish chameleon-type color in one or two years. There was a very light blue one as well, in 1993. The Probe came in two chameleon colors, one purplish-blue and one a light pink. And there is the Chameleon blue that came on the T-Bird and Windstar.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I believe you are right about the probe, I may have seen a few of those from time to time, also the magenta looking 94-95 Thunderbird was a neat color, but don't think it changed in the sunlight, wonder what Ford's motive was for that. All I know is if you are lucky enough to have one with original paint that the clearcoat hasn't been burned off by the hot sun you are doing well. It's one expensive paint job to redo otherwise, very neat indeed, never saw another one all the time I had it, but at best it made it more unique than valuable. I never saw any other Manufacturer try it only Ford, wonder why were they trying to attract people who are into building custom cars to new products or what? Strange, very strange, also don't believe the Mustang GT got any color changing scheme, just it's Cobra counterpart, so its kind of mysterious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts