TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input on the T-bird exhaust:

Do the systems bolt up to the manifolds the same between the N/A 3.8 and the Supercoupe? In other words would a system that is on a Supercoupe that bolts directly to the manifolds (ball socket flange) bolt straight onto a N/A 3.8 without having to modify anything?

Bottom line is, do the exhaust manifolds dump in the same exact place on a Supercoupe as they do on the N/A, or do I have to install Supercoupe headers to get it to work?

Thanks in advance.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Your not gonna gain anything from swapping to that setup.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
94-95 exhaust manifolds are the same NA or SC. (94-95 used because they are the best 3.8 manifolds out there)

So if you get an exhaust for a SC yes it will bolt up to a non SC.

I had my SC exhaust custom built and it is so much better than the stock stuff it is not even funny.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your not gonna gain anything from swapping to that setup.
It's a Flowmaster Force II "cat back" with custom downtubes that was installed on a 93 Superbird, I have a 93 N/A. Just trying to figure out if it's a direct bolt on or if I have to put the later (94/95) manifolds on to make it work without doing any cutting or bending of the downtubes.

Someone on here must have done the swap and knows for sure.

As to why, reason number 1 is the sound and the look, if it frees up a few ponies and uses a tad less gas that's just a bonus. Not trying to make 300 horsepower, just trying to come up with a little noise out the back :D

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
It's a Flowmaster Force II "cat back" with custom downtubes that was installed on a 93 Superbird, I have a 93 N/A. Just trying to figure out if it's a direct bolt on or if I have to put the later (94/95) manifolds on to make it work without doing any cutting or bending of the downtubes.

Someone on here must have done the swap and knows for sure.

As to why, reason number 1 is the sound and the look, if it frees up a few ponies and uses a tad less gas that's just a bonus. Not trying to make 300 horsepower, just trying to come up with a little noise out the back :D

I was just using 94/95 as an example.

Yes you can do it.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I thought the later 96-97 tubular 3.8 manifolds were the best. They look like shorty headers almost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts