TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like you all are going to be getting together on the track day Sunday. Right now it looks as if there will be excellent conditions for this.

So, What are all you boys expecting to run?

Put'em up!!

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
Faster than you. :tongue:

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
LOL

Honestly, I'm not glad that you can't make it. I'm very disappointed. :(
You really should be here this weekend with or with out a car!

A real number? You want a real number? :D Let's see ...

You ran a best of 11.75 @ 113.76 MPH back in April. My best time last fall was 11.87 @ 114.33 MPH. Now, with the changes I've made and the aerodynamic new paint :tongue: I'd guess 11.65 @ 116 MPH. Possibly better depending weather and on the changes to the tune that Rob has planned.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,255 Posts
I'llbe at Palm Beach for the weekend for the Citrus Nationals.
I'm going to predict 12.46 for my crap box.
If the mine shaft air is here,like its supposed to be, in the 30's without a tailwind.

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine shaft air alright. 100 ft above sealevel track and 50 degree clean air, you all should run some great numbers. Just hook them and be gone.

TM, my 11.75's were at 700+ feet above sealevel if I remember correctly at Mason Dixon in April.

Rick, I think you may do better that that down there. Hope you get good air.

Where are all the other guys predictions?

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
You're just a bit off on your elevations.

I have Mason Dixon at 545' and Fayetteville sits at 165'.

Well Steve you're in luck your record is going to stand for a bit longer (Unless Darren breaks it). Like yourself I'm out for the forseeable future.

Rob called me last night and while or shortly after tuning my car the transmission broke. The extent of the problem is still under investigation but Rob tells me that it doesn't look good and there's no way he can have it fixed by Sunday.

There are a few more track dates before the end of the year and I'll try to make one of them but it's not looking good right now.l

I still plan on going to the meet. At least this way I can concentrate on shooting videos and pictures for everyone.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Ron I'm gonna have Wayne pull the trans after work, then hopefully ill be back so I can see what's broke I can prolly get it ready but it may or may not have the good stall

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Well Steve you're in luck your record is going to stand for a bit longer (Unless Darren breaks it). Like yourself I'm out for the forseeable future.

Rob called me last night and while or shortly after tuning my car the transmission broke. The extent of the problem is still under investigation but Rob tells me that it doesn't look good and there's no way he can have it fixed by Sunday.

There are a few more track dates before the end of the year and I'll try to make one of them but it's not looking good right now.l

I still plan on going to the meet. At least this way I can concentrate on shooting videos and pictures for everyone.
Ron, I was talking about Density altitude when I ran in late April. The sites I'm looking at show Fayettville track listed at 100', Mason Dixon is listed at 545' above sea level. It sucks when something breaks just before a highly anticipated meet and track times. I've suffered through it several times in the past couple years. Get her back together. You still have a couple weeks to get it back on the track and post the times for this year on the DRT stats. One thing is for sure, it should be covered well by the camera crew if you aren't running.

Man, I'm sorry to hear your tranny broke. Hope you get it back up and running soon! Doing some last minute tweaking on it were you to try and knock me down a notch?

Regardless, the guys that will be there will have killer air!!!!!

·
Registered
652 Posts

Sounds like a way for you not to bring your car to the trackk and run me....are you scared??? LOL AHAHAHAH....j/k

All jokes aside. Sorry to hear the bad news. I hope you get your car fixed....

·
Registered
652 Posts
As for my numbers......man, hard to say. maybe 12s on motor, maybe 11s on the bottle.....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well that stinks, Ron. Hope Rob can get it going for you.

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
Ron I'm gonna have Wayne pull the trans after work, then hopefully ill be back so I can see what's broke I can prolly get it ready but it may or may not have the good stall
Thanks guys. And thanks to you and Wayne for your help Rob. Indeed better that it break now while Rob has it than while I'm on the road far from home.

Ron, I was talking about Density altitude when I ran in late April. The sites I'm looking at show Fayetteville track listed at 100', Mason Dixon is listed at 545' above sea level. It sucks when something breaks just before a highly anticipated meet and track times. I've suffered through it several times in the past couple years. Get her back together. You still have a couple weeks to get it back on the track and post the times for this year on the DRT stats. One thing is for sure, it should be covered well by the camera crew if you aren't running.

Man, I'm sorry to hear your tranny broke. Hope you get it back up and running soon! Doing some last minute tweaking on it were you to try and knock me down a notch?

Regardless, the guys that will be there will have killer air!!!!!
Yea, it really sucks. :(

But I knew you could sympathize, having been there yourself. That's why when yours broke I said I wouldn't wish a break down on anyone. Because it can happen to any of us.

Fingers crossed that Rob can work a miracle. But it doesn't sound good. He seems to think the TC has failed.

I am going to try to get to the track some time later in December. Only time will tell if I make it before the end of the year ...

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
I hear ya! :D We'll see what it is and take it from there ...

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
Old school street tuned. We don't need no stinkin' dyno. :tongue:

Honestly thought. I'll try to get it on a dyno in December or January.

I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
The trans was built but something mechanical broke, wouldant matter how strong it's built, if a hard part breaks, same trans I'm running on a 03 cobra with a whipple car runs 10.50 at 135 and it holds up fine

1 - 20 of 33 Posts