TCCoA Forums banner

N2mb WOT box and 2 step for our cars

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  94badbird 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if this should go in the tuning forum or not, sorry if it should. Just figured I would share with you guys what I just bought. It's a WOT box made to hold your rpms down for a set amount of milliseconds in between shifts so you never have to let off the gas (for 5 speed people of course). It also has a 2 step launch control for more consistent times at the track and just plain cool :D.

http://www.n2mb.com/

It will work on all 96+ ford v8 modulars. I ordered mine a couple hours ago, so if anyone is interested to see how the install and operation of it goes, I'll be more than happy to post my results and maybe do a write up if wanted. I mainly bought it for the no lift shifting feature, the launch control is just a plus for me :)

I did a search on here and couldn't find anyone that had them, but if someone does, let me know how you like it!

#2 ·
Shoulda looked on Sccoa. Coulda got one real cheap I'm sure. We did a group buy a few years ago didn't work to everyones liking and they were selling em cheap. I still have one to try on my 5 speed SC. I want to try and hook it into the crank sensor to hopefully get a smoother rev limit.

I'll be interested in your results with the MOD motor.

#3 ·
Yea, it was kind of a last minute thing, plus on something like this, I like to know that I'm getting a part that works and with a warranty. Plus they are cheap enough brand new, lol. This kit does hook up to the crank sensor and I've read on a lot of mustang forums that they loved them, especially the no lift shift operation, we'll see how it goes!

#4 ·
Yeah they seem to work well on the cobras.

#6 ·
You get the crank machined for 2 keys. We been running a 2 step for years on the marauder. Never had the engine builder say anything was wrong down there. Had the same crank for prolly 6-7 years now. This is a forged cobra crank. This is the 3rd motor build with the same crank.

#8 ·
Just stock.

#10 ·
Ben,

IIRC, the 2-step/keyway discussions/pictures were on ModularFords. You'll find some very good crank tech there.

#11 ·
Thanks for that source Rod, I've read probably 8 threads over there since yesterday and it seems the majority of drag racers use them with no problems. Most of peoples issues was on supercharged cars, matting the pedal to the floor on the line on a supercharged car puts an incredible load on the crankshaft, so a few people have broken the keyways. It seems the majority of people say if they aren't abused and held on the floor for a long period of time, I shouldn't have any issues.

That being said, I am installing it as soon as it gets here on this 225,XXX mile motor and see how it holds up. I'm currently building one that's going in it in a month or so, so if it doesn't work out on this motor, I won't use it on the new one.

#12 ·
Had one, it sucked. Now using an MSD 2 step with good results.

#14 ·
Success!

Got it hooked up about an hour ago and just got back from the test drive. It works flawlessly :). The rev limiter is dead on according to my stock tac, and the 2 step sounds awesome! I also love the no lift shift feature, it works just as it should and lets me shift perfectly with my foot still on the floor. I love it so far, we'll see how it works at the track and if I have any problems with it, but so far, it's awesome :D.

I'll post a video soon

#15 ·
Good deal man! Gotta get mine hooked up on my 5 speed so I can try the no lift shift.

I just hooked up a MSD Mod 6 (pn 6011) box on the Marauder. It is a rev limiter/2step/retard system in one box. Working good so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.