Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
how the hell did he not know?

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
how the hell did he not know?
My thoughts exactly.. I'm pretty sure I'd notice if a nail went through my skull. Maybe it's one of those things where it doesn't hurt that bad until you notice it, kinda like when you cut yourself. You can do it and not really notice alot of pain until you look and see your bleeding - than it hurts like a mofo?

Certainly is a lucky guy. Suppose he's keeping the nail?

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Well, considering he has a $100,000 bill... that has got to be the most expensive nail in history! Someone hurry and call Guiness Book of World Records!!!!

Okay... assuming the nail went through the bottom of his chin/neck (upwards of course)... wouldn't he have a hole in his tounge, or at the VERY least in his neck? With that in mind... wouldn't making a hole in your body, that wasn't already their, create blood? A sharp nail entering your body SHOULD create SOME blood.

But yes... God or an Angel was definitely watching over him! Either that, or the devil was just letting off some steam!

-Kornhaus

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
It might be possible, given that it would happen very quickly. Sometimes severe wounds don't feel like much intially. I had a severe 6" long and 1.5" deep gash in my leg from a bike accident and it felt like I maybe scraped it lightly with my fingernail. I suppose that it's to do with the shock and how the body handles it, I don't know.
Imagine being the guy and initially looking at that x-ray.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
scottkornhaus said:
Well, considering he has a $100,000 bill... that has got to be the most expensive nail in history! Someone hurry and call Guiness Book of World Records!!!!

Okay... assuming the nail went through the bottom of his chin/neck (upwards of course)... wouldn't he have a hole in his tounge, or at the VERY least in his neck? With that in mind... wouldn't making a hole in your body, that wasn't already their, create blood? A sharp nail entering your body SHOULD create SOME blood.

But yes... God or an Angel was definitely watching over him! Either that, or the devil was just letting off some steam!

-Kornhaus
It may have gone in at a more severe angle and it's direction altered by it hitting the bone.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Since that happened at work isn't that large bill the companies?

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Most roofers don't carry any form of workers comp. And actually wave the insurance, as it is up to at least 30% here in FL. Not sure in CO.

And, how WC works, its Rate * Gross Wages.. So, If your paying a roofer $25.00 * 40 hrs/week and have 10 guys that woudl be 10,000 gw for the week * .30 = 3000 more in just COMP..

Now, the 30% rate, is loballing it here, some comp companies will charge you more, up to 50%..

so, when a roofer is making say, $10/hr, its actually costing the employer a ton more.. , As the employer has to match SS Tax, and MD Tax, Suta (if new employer this is usually 2.7%) and FUTA, and Comp.

so
$10.00 Gross Wages
$00.77 FICA
$00.27 SUTA
$00.08 FUTA
$05.00 COMP
--------
$16.12 TOTAL

So, the next time you want a Raise, and complain over the Quarter you get, understand, that its costing your employer MORE then a Quarter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts