TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could get some help identifying this part.

The first pic is of the part itself and the second is where it connects into the valve cover.

Please excuse the somewhat crappy cell phone pics and the dirty engine (watering and washing bans here since early to mid spring).

Thanks in advance

Christopher

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow

WOW that was quick. The part connects to a tube via a rubber 5/16th hose and runs to my CAI.

What does this part do? How bad is it to drive my car until the new part comes in?

Thanks
Christopher

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Ford parts catalogue shows it as only being available with the rocker cover for this application ... so you would have to try to match something up by size, or get a used one.

cheers
Ed N.

·
5,650 Posts
WOW that was quick. The part connects to a tube via a rubber 5/16th hose and runs to my CAI.

What does this part do? How bad is it to drive my car until the new part comes in?

Thanks
Christopher
You will have a major vacuum leak if you run the car with the hose just broken off. Best to fix it before driving it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well what would be the best way to fix this? Is this piece only a part of the valve cover or can it be ordered separately? I have a request in to Jason at Ford Parts Counter but haven't gotten a reply yet so I will see what he says.

Christopher

·
5,650 Posts
You should be able to order it seperately unless it's obsolete. It's not part of the valve cover. It inserts into a rubber grommet in the valve cover. Your other option is to pick one up at a junk yard. In the mean time you could plug the hole in the intake tube where that tube goes and drive with the valve cover open like that. It's still not a great idea but it'll get you by if this is your only transportation.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i just heard from Jason. He said that he will have the valve cover tomorrow and will take a look at it to see if it is included in the package with the cover. I placed my first order with him last week and now he is ordering in this part to take a look at it, I like this guy.

Christopher

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I agree, there are a lot of things you should be able to order separately from Ford that you can't. ;) I get to tell that to people at the counter every day. :rolleyes:

I'm looking at the illustration now, it shows the connector as basic 6A648, with a note beside it saying that it's only serviced with the 6582, which is the rocker cover. Rocker cover description shows as "LH, includes gasket, grommets & vent tube".

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I would get one off of a junker around here but they get picked over pretty quickly. If anyone knows of where there might be a junker and wouldn't mind shipping me the part I would pay them back.

Thanks
Christopher

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
there is a birdy in the local yard i could scope out tomorrow. they are closed now. its a nice car... too nice to be in a bone yard.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thunderbirdlvr

if you could take some pics of the exterior and the interior if you don't mind. I may need some other parts if it is indeed in good shape. I don't mind paying fair prices.

Thanks
Christopher

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Its just a PCV valve isn't it? At least thats what they were in the old days. Acted as a one way valve to keep the ventilation going the right way.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
okie dokie i should make it tomorrow.
Thanks a lot. Just let me know what you find.

Its just a PCV valve isn't it? At least thats what they were in the old days. Acted as a one way valve to keep the ventilation going the right way.
It may have looked like this, but this has nothing in it to keep a one way flow. It is just an elbow.

Thanks
Christopher

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The PCV valve is on the other side.

This is just a hollow plastic breather tube. I also broke mine, but mine broke part of the cover as well. I just dremmelled (sp) it out completely to match the hole on the other cover, and just bought another rubber insert that goes on that cover. I'll go to a hardware store and find a fitting to fit the appropriate hose size.

That might not be an option for you though unless you want to take off the valve cover.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts