TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

If you look at the PCV valves on our cars, there are two nozzles coming shooting off of the valve. The larger one goes directly to the intake manifold and sends the oily air mix to be burned. The smaller outlet on top connects to a small hose than runs along the top of the wheelwell and eventually to some sort of what appears to be a metering system.(I cant really tell)

Here's where you all come in. I need to know what the purpose of the top outlet is and what the smaller hose runs to towrds the front of the engine bay.

Here's what I can tell you about the problem. The hose that runs the blow-by to the manifold seems to run fine. When I hook up the top hose to the smaller PCV valve outlet, the engine idles roughly and bogs and hesitates from a standstill. When I totally disconnect the top hose from the small outlet on the PCV valve, the engine runs perfectly. What is wrong?

If anyone has an idea, please let me know asap. I have to solve this in like 5 hours. Thanks a ton guys. If you need any more info to draw a conclusion, just let me know. Thanks again.

Regards,

~Jon W.

K

·
0 Posts
I'm guessing that the intake is pulling in unmetered air which is probably causing your engine to bog down....... but the hose isn't big enough to make it bog down a lot... it would have to be a short, wuick roughness then back to normal. I had a problem with bogging down a lot and it ended up being a gasket in the intake system leaking.... causing unmetered air in to bog the engine down. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One last Question for everyone.

If I leave that top hose unhooked from the PCV valve for about a week, will it have any adverse effects on my engine? It seems to run fine when it is unhooked, so it is actually ok until I get it to a shop(next weekend), or should a hook it back up and let the engine keep bogging? is either actually determental to the engine?

Thanks a ton guys.

~Jon

·
Registered
453 Posts
The top one goes to a charcoal canister. It pull out gas fumes. I shouldn't hurt any thing. Look at the vacum pic on the front of the engine bay. You can smell the fumes if not hooked up. It is unmetered air you longtern fuel trim will fix it.

bc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts