TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using the nose they used in nascar on a thunderbird. Theoretically it should work because the hood, roofline, and decklid all had to be from the dealer. they only let the teams lighten them. I was thinking of doing this and just cutting out the areas for the headlights. of course you would have to figure out how to mount it. Anyone thought of this?

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
There is a nascar style ground effects kit for the bird, maybe it's just a nose though. Do a search, I'll see if I can find it.

-Joel

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see that it was pretty hard to find, and expensive. I just think it would be cool to have actual nascar body work on your car, would probably look pretty sweet too

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, thats the one I found, its actually pretty nice. Im moving to mooresville in january so if I cant find a bumper from a team I might end up with that one

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
That actually looks pretty nice. Slidebird91, have you checked out www.tstacc.com? Its a Thunderbird/Cougar club for PA, NJ and etc. Stop by sometime and introduce yourself. We have a meet coming up on July 8th.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
A real one is one piece that goes from the first 1/3 of the wheel well, straight across under the hood to the other side and has no way of mounting to the car as it was just thin sheetmetal dzus'd a few places to a tube frame. I can't remember the name of the place in Charlotte that had all the old NASCAR Tbird parts, Monster Motorsports or something, I ended up with just a spoiler which would fit but drop me into the single digits MPG wise so I just have it for nostalgia sake.

Also keep in mind the front lip on the real one is only a couple inches off the ground if that much, speedbumps and inclined driveways would be impossible to pass.

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about using the nascar spoiler, that would look awesome, and i know the side skirts on cup cars are thin sheetmetal, but arent the nose and bumper fiberglass?

I shall introduce myself, the3subtl3on3

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Hello again. It's been a few years, but I seem to recall them still using a hammer to "fix" damage back then which would make it metal. Finally remembered the name of the supplier http://www.musclemotorsports.com/

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
o, ok, they may have been back then, I tend tp forget that it was ten years ago, I know for sure the taurus front end was fiberglass, but im not sure how they made a smooth transition into the metal. maybe as little bondo as possible

and thanks, ill check out that site

·
Registered
443 Posts
back in 97 i had the number for roush's "6" car shop. They were selling pieces such as spoilers . It would be cool to have a soiler that was field tested by Mark Martin. I was always afraid to call b/c I felt I would sound like an idiot

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I seriously doubt they would still have them. Muscle Motorsports said they bought most of the parts around Charlotte shortly after the cars got switched to Tauruses. My spoiler came with a "97 Taladega" label on it.

http://www.mn12tbird.com/spoiler/

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Bumper

$600.oo bucks?..............ouch!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Looks more like $275. $600 is for the front air-dam and rear spoiler.

·
Registered
532 Posts
That would be cool

Did you think about putting the Areoform widebody kit the GFX on your car or would the tires you need to fill out the fenders get to much grip ? If you do get the widebody ,use 20" deep dish rims .

·
Banned
538 Posts
They still have a nascar thunderbird out in the parking lot, at least it was there everyday i drove by it. It has been a while since i was in mooresville, but they advertise used nascar parts so ya never know.

Mike

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
circle track Racing nose

~~Hello

I am Going with one from Midwest motor sports inc. www.midwestmotorsportsinc.com

This is a 2pc nose. With NO Holes in it. Only costs $99.00 + freight.

This way I can place the openings where I want them. Because I still have a cooling problem. They don't list the Headlight decal kit.
I am Looking for both.

Nose is listed for a 96-97 chassis.

I am building a 96

This will upgrade my 90 Thunderbird Circle Track Street Stock.

Paul

1 - 20 of 21 Posts