TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is the correct catagory to be in... Does anyone remember the NASCAR Cougar that Roush built in the late 80's early 90's? I know they built the lincoln Mark VIII in a stockcar but after they had problems with downforce they re-bodied it into a cougar.Any pics,details?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think this is the correct catagory to be in... Does anyone remember the NASCAR Cougar that Roush built in the late 80's early 90's? I know they built the lincoln Mark VIII in a stockcar but after they had problems with downforce they re-bodied it into a cougar.Any pics,details?

No idea on any details.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Whoah! I worked for Bojangles' for 5 years. I knew that had a busch car a long time ago but didn't realize it was a cougar!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
What is Bojangles? lol
Come down south and you will find out.

If memory serves the Cougar won either 12 or 24 hours of Daytona that year.

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I miss the days of "stock cars" looking like their actual counterparts, and blatant tobacco advertisement....anybody notice how energy drinks are the new cigarettes in that regard? I wonder what happened to the NASCAR cougars or cougar bodies at least?

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
i know where one is. sitting outside this dudes house on a farm on the way to ocean city from here. its wayyy out in i think dorcester county md just rotting away. i might have a few pics...

-John

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The Roush cars ran in the IMSA GTO class. The flat hooded cars ran V6's whily the cars with the hood scoop ran V8's.

I saw the Whistler cars run live in 1991 at Heartland Park in Topeka. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replies! I guess you just have to ask the right people. The Yarborough car was the one I kind of remembered. Jack Roush still owns the whistler car. Rayo,Nice shots with the green armco in the background! Could only be one place like that, Road America! Boy that paint looks terrible when you're trying to buff it off the door panel...:( Stay cool, Bosscat40.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Thanks for the replies! I guess you just have to ask the right people. The Yarborough car was the one I kind of remembered. Jack Roush still owns the whistler car. Rayo,Nice shots with the green armco in the background! Could only be one place like that, Road America! Boy that paint looks terrible when you're trying to buff it off the door panel...:( Stay cool, Bosscat40.
Np... ;)

Here's a couple more..

1990 Daytona Cougar 2.JPG

1990 Daytona Cougar.JPG

Rayo...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well Rayo you've got my twisted little brain running again!I'll be up at Road America Oct 14th for the SCCA Drive for babies day.I'm one of the many Tech people helping out.This means that "Blackey" is gonna be on the track that day stretching his legs after I'm done working.It's been awhile since he's been "run hard and put away wet" but I know he's up for the challenge!If anyone else from Wi isn't busy that day please stop by & check it out...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts