TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a muffler goin bad so I'm gonna use that as a reason to do another custom exhaust. So I want to have it brought down from my shorties and have a H pipe and then have the pipes mandrel bent towards the drivers side and come out between the door and rear wheel. So I guess I'm putting this on here bc I'm wondering if this has ever been done and any hints or tips or even opinions. Such as what size pipes, what kind of mufflers, sound good or not, anything that would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Pipes

Hello

Short track, or super speedway style?

If were me 2 -> 2 1/4 pipe dual in & out muffler.
You will have A tough time with those exit pipes with a stock Gas tank.

As I have a fuel cell in my trunk & race on a short track! lol

:xpcool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure of the difference between long and short track. Will the gas tank still be a problem even though I'm goin out the drivers side? Also with a dual in/out muffler is that still a true dual exhaust? What company would be good/kinda cheap? Is 2 1/4 gonna give me a good deep muscle car sound. Bc I think I have 2.5 now and I wish it was deeper. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just a reminder running it out the side can make for a really nasty wheel and can even mess up the finish on some wheels 97 f-150 for example. just somethin to take into consideration. Would look cool tho!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
All my pictures and tech writeups disappeared during the server upgrade last week. I hope they soon return.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Here is a picture of it.

and the cutouts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have side exhaust done about four months ago. I replaced the third cat with a duel i/o muffler, had the pipes bent 45 right at the brace, my tank is still in place i just added a heat shield from the factory heat shield to the body. my car is about .5 to1" lower then factory and it comes close to hitting coming off the trailer. If it were 1.5" low it would hit this is the only picture i have right now edit: its 2 1/4 pipe

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have side exhaust done about four months ago. I replaced the third cat with a duel i/o muffler, had the pipes bent 45 right at the brace, my tank is still in place i just added a heat shield from the factory heat shield to the body. my car is about .5 to1" lower then factory and it comes close to hitting coming off the trailer. If it were 1.5" low it would hit this is the only picture i have right now edit: its 2 1/4 pipe
Better pics, video, or soundclips?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Popular Hot Rodding is doing a build up of a Laguna, Basically a stock car in appearance and performance with a comfortable daily driver interior... One of the articles was on a NASCAR style side exit exhaust with large rectangular shaped Pipes from the center toward the side of the car. Forgot which month it was, but it was this year. They did end up changing it over to a more sedate dual system out the back however.... (the car got too much attention from the authorities with the NASCAR exhaust)

Found it:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0911phr_1975_chevy_laguna/photo_01.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts