TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for a lip spoiler for my bird, I ran across a company that actually makes Nascar body parts and made a call. Turns out that they have a one- piece aluminum spoiler in the inventory that is a left over from the 96 T-bird body style. It is curved to follow the lines of the deck lid as well. Would it be worth looking into or not? The sales guy said I could snag it dirt cheap considering how long it has been sitting in the inventory. Your thoughts?

Jay

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
its gonna kill the aerodynamic capabilities of the car....im thinking probably decreased gas mileage.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was worried about. I wonder if I could modify it and knock the degrees down a bit to avoid that? With it being one piece that is shaped to the contour of the back end, I'm not sure how easily that would be accomplished. I mean heck, the spoiler is only $15, lol... Thought maybe it might be worth a shot. Cheaper than a Xenon lip spoiler.

Jay

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
look at it this way, the gas mileage on our cars sucks already, and it's only $15. If you get it and really don't like it, you can sell it for $20 on here and make $5 to make up for the lost gas mileage :D

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I was thinking. Besides, if all else fails, I can throw it on ebay I guess. If I do use it, the gas mileage may not be an issue, as it's not going to be a daily driver anymore.

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts