TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Yep. Thinking about that look. I know the bolt pattern is 5×108
So... Are you asking if someone makes them? Opinions on the look? Cars with the look?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess. I can find just regular steel wheels all day, but none are peeking my interest. So yes, I would like to know where I should be looking

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I guess. I can find just regular steel wheels all day, but none are peeking my interest. So yes, I would like to know where I should be looking
Don't think you'll find them in 5x108. You'd have better luck looking in 5x114.3 (5x4.5") and then doing a Mustang Hub Swap. If your car is 1993-1997, the front hubs are simple unbolt the old, bolt in the new with a new retaining nut (still available from Motorcraft, the Dorman available at parts houses has a history of damaging the threads). The rear will have to be pressed in the knuckle, and will use the 1999-2004 Mustang Cobra hub (due to the IRS), easily obtainable from American Muscle.

Let me google that for you

Overall, it's a nice look. You may be limited by wheel diameter/width issues. I'd look for some in a 17"x8" or an 18"x8" or 18"x9" personally. Very few "good" tires left available in sizes that work well on a 16x7 or 15x7 wheel for performance, unless you want to keep the stock tire size.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
racing style

:wavey:

Yeah but those aren't NASCAR type wheels.

NASCAR runs 15" x 10" steel wheels.
with wider & thicker flanges.

I run 15" x 7", 3.5" offset. The racing one hit the front caliper.

I ran Explorer/ranger 15" wheels. bolt right up & clear fine.
But they didn't hold up to racing conditions.:zdunno:

:zbench:

·
Super Moderator
12,086 Posts
Chinese steel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts