TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have flushed my coolant system befoer because there was so much nasty crap in it. It looked like dirt/mud/red clay and today I checked it and it just like it was before. As for as I know there are no leaks but there is hardly any fluid in it and its full of this crap again! Any ideas???:zbash:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
When you flushed it the first time did you flush out the block & rad ? If not that may be the reason.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
Just helped a friend a bit back change out the HG on his blazer , The coolant was so neglected it looked like draining a "Mud Hole" :eek:. Ran about it seemed about 100 gals of water thru the system till it was clear coming out, But even now the water in it is a bit "red" . I believe it is from all the years of " Crap" built up in the system. Maybe your case as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds about right! i had a hose hooked up just now for about 30min to try and flush out the whole system but it still had some crap in it. Maybe it wont come back, but who knows lol thanks!

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
its rusting from the inside.
Likely true maybe a water pump is rusting. I heard of water pumps rusting. Sucks to hear this since I recently flushed mine and its looking better each time I flushed it. The res has a little spot inside where it all like to collect, I took my res out and flushed the living crap out of it. In fact I swapped to a res with the low coolant sensor and cleaned this to near perfection when it when in. It came almost 100% clean again. Vinegar helps break up stuff inside the reservoir btw.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Likely true maybe a water pump is rusting. I heard of water pumps rusting. Sucks to hear this since I recently flushed mine and its looking better each time I flushed it. The res has a little spot inside where it all like to collect, I took my res out and flushed the living crap out of it. In fact I swapped to a res with the low coolant sensor and cleaned this to near perfection when it when in. It came almost 100% clean again. Vinegar helps break up stuff inside the reservoir btw.
I will second the water pumps rusting. We've had more than one vehicle at the shop that was getting hot. We'd pull off the water pump and the vanes would be completely rusted off - literally nothing left. It happens more often than you'd think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if its not the WP, go to the GM dealer and ask for the HD cooling system cleaner and follow the directions, works awesome. We use it in bad cooling systems at work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts