TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's me... LOL. Hey fine fellows. Thought I would drop a line to say hello. I know it has been awhile, but for some strange reason, somehow my I.P address is blocked from getting on the boards. Ok.... Don't want me to be here?

Other than that. I am on Facebook more often that not. To give you guys and gals a great update. The family and I are in Japan now, arrived effortlessly on March 7th, we received our housing on base, which is really nice, and have been getting everything setup prior to my first deployment on the USS George Washington.

My Birds are resting comfortably and being babysat by Quikcat... they are in good hands.

My wife found a red 95 T-bird at a shopping center parking garage here the other day, it was longer than the spot. Has a good chuckle over that.

Other than that, I am working on the flight Deck, its awesome for me. Haven't done any flight Ops as of yet. But doing good none the less.

You guys be safe out there, enjoy the ride and don't do anything that I wouldn't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI ND,
I'm just an occasional poster but saw your entry and wanted to say thanks for your service to our USA!
Good luck in Japan
quixman

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
WTF Roger!!!!!! Come back! Damnit! How Long ya gonna be out for? Glad to hear you and the Family made it there safe.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Dude. Won't be back for a little while, unless its to come home for leave. I have orders here for 3 years. I appreciate all your guys support!

·
Super Moderator
12,080 Posts
Wow! 3 years. You'll be ready to retire after that. You lifer, you... :tongue:

Glad to hear you and the family are safely in Japan. Tell them, and especially my little buddy "cracker crumb", that the Trunk Monkey said hello!

Happy sailing! :ssalute:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey ND, where you at? Tokyo, Okinawa? I was staying in Atsugi for work last time I went, if you are anywhere there, which is Southwest Tokyo, I will try to look you up if I get to go again whilst you are there.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Nice to see you on the boards. :)

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
Hola from me too! Have some Yakiniku Beef and some gyoza in my name! 3 years? Hurry back man!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rob, I am not far from Atsugi. I am in Yokosuka, which if you take route 16 south, you would run into me. ... .. .

Already got my fill of some Yakiniku...great stuff..... oh man, you guys make me hungry.

We are presently out to sea, I am going off of some slow internet. We are flying; had a great day of flight operations. You guys will be glad to know the G.W is fully operational.... We are the new Death Star!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well make sure you don't surf the jet wash over the side.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave, Won't be doing any Surfing of Jet wash... Those EA-6B's can be a real delight though.

I am having so much fun right now, better than flying that desk I had out in Detroit, although If I could do this in Detroit, I would.

The weather is sunny and bright, Pilots are getting thier refresher or first time on a carrier, and they are doing great. Nothing better than watching a plane in the glide slope coming in on the Number 3 wire; catching it, going from 140 mph to 0 in about 200ft. Then bring it out of the Landing area, guiding it back to the Catapult to shoot them and watch them fly around and do it all again. The ship is alive once more, sailors from all over have flooded every space on the ship. There are many sailors on here from Michigan, many from a stones throw from the same areas we all are from. Detroit is represented; Riverview, Roseville, Walled Lake, Hamtramck, Novi, Warren (CO). Very good mix, This is actually the first time I have had so many people from the same area I am from. Good to see and talk to these people.

We are going to start qualifying for Blue water operations, what that means is that we don't need an airfield to support us, in case of emergency or for gas. We can be fully independent and take ourselves where ever the good people need us.

I am glad that I can share this with you guys. Too many times I have met you all and tried to explain what exactly I do. This is the best way I can do it. Hopefully I describe it fully for you.

Oh, Since Wilkipedia is a great source of information, on Wiki look up Aviation Boatswains Mate (Handler) and that is what I do... Ook. So tatta for now... See you down the road. Until next time......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts