TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lightly Seasoned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard about all the flooding in NC, I hope all of our Carolina members and their familys are doing Okay and their birds are dry!!

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Thanks for thinking of us.

High and dry at my house. Although the road in front of my community is closed about two miles from the house because of a washout AND a sinkhole from all the rain we had about three weeks ago. We got 7 to 8 inches in one night! And it's been raining pretty much every day for the past month. I'll see about getting some pictures of that when I get home. I doubt the DOT has done anything with it yet ... :rolleyes:

I was talking to a co-worker who lives in SC this morning and we were discussing how bad it will be this fall when a hurricane or two dumps more rain on us! Yes, it's been a very, very wet summer so far.

There's a spill way on the damn that holds back Lake Norman near my house, I've been meaning to go down there and shoot some video of what it looks like. I hear that the lake is near 98% capacity.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I'm staying at the ANG training base in New London for the next two weeks for rescue school. There was a lot of water damage to some of the buildings here along with run off of red and orange soil all over the roads. Weather is very uncomforable here with the humidity. Can't believe y'all have to deal with summers like these!

·
Registered
387 Posts
my home town of newton,NC is getting pounded. some of the pictures are crazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts