TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 94 4.6 tbird runs great so heres the problem at idle in park it sometimes has a hunting idle sometimes not idles around 800 sits in park idles fine. put in gear rpms drop and hunt real bad makes car shake alittle but it dont always hunt . you can stop at a stop sign and go no problem but if you sit at a light or in driveway in gear after a few seconds it dies . put car in park starts right back up next light does it again any ideas need the help

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok went to autozone and there were no codes also it does not do it when cold only after warmed up and it doesnt do it if i put it in nuetral while sitting at the lights cleaned maf havent got ti aic looks like a pita to get to and i couldnt find any where that sells a gasket for it ive also noticed it sounds like i have a sucking sound comeing from the black part on the aic

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
On the 94/95's, there's a "T" fitting on the back of the intake on the passenger side (IIRC) and it is notorious for breaking and causing a vacuum leak that will give you the symptom you describe.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so i cleaned the maf and aic. had to take the aic off my dohc so i could make a gasket someone glued the one on my bird. when cleaning i noticed that the little divider on the bird one was open more than the one on my dohc. i put it back on still same problem , went and got another used one and its gaped like the dohc one i havent got to put it on yet. does this mean the original is bad. also does anyone know where to get the rubber t fitting on the back passenger side i believe its cracked up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts