TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 96-97 front bumper cover. I was just curious what year hoods had the same body line....just the 96-97 match or can I use a 94-95 hood also? What is the difference between the two hoods?

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
I just picked up a 96-97 front bumper cover. I was just curious what year hoods had the same body line....just the 96-97 match or can I use a 94-95 hood also? What is the difference between the two hoods?
only 96/97 you'll also need the head lights and corner lights as well or you'll have a gap between the hood and headlights

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
he's just confusin you

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
What is the difference between the two hoods?

The 96-97 MY MN12 has a different headlamp assemblies than the 94-95 MY MN12. Thus, the front edge of the hood differs in fit. Try a search -- pictures illustrating the difference have been posted in previous threads.

This thread has a photo showing the gap (see post #9): http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=120832

The 94-95 headlamps were more 'straight' across the top of the assembly, whereas the 96-97 headlamps had an angle across the top. The front edge of the hoods matched these "lines."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts