TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to put in the dennis chip but i cant because the 80 mm l-maf i ordered doesnt fit on the stock hose. It doesnt stretch enough over the l-maf. The chip is programmed for that mod so i don't want to put it in yet and mess up the computer.
Does anyone know what piece i need and where i can get it. Im very anxious to put the chip in. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
richbird said:
i am going to put in the dennis chip but i cant because the 80 mm l-maf i ordered doesnt fit on the stock hose. It doesnt stretch enough over the l-maf. The chip is programmed for that mod so i don't want to put it in yet and mess up the computer.
Does anyone know what piece i need and where i can get it. Im very anxious to put the chip in. Any help is appreciated.
You'll need an 80mm Accufab filter adapter for you LMAF.
What are you using, the stock airbox or a cone? If you
use the stock airbox take off the rubber connector and
use a 2 5/8" long piece of 4" diam Purosil with two screw
clamps. If you use a cone, it should fit onto your 80mm LMAF
Accufab adapter. For the other, end you could a '99 GT air
tube from Five Star Ford though I think it might be a little
large for a stock TB. If you have a '94-'95 'Bird you could
buy the improved air tube from RichardM and tell him what size
MAF and TB you're running.

Hope this helps,

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
I don't know about the 94 or 95 cars, but on the 96 and 97's you can use the mustang intake tube as a direct replacement for yours. I upgraded my car to the 80 mm MAF and that is what I did. I adapted it to the air box as Mager Thom said and used a gt intake tube to the throttle body for my 96. The only thing about the adapter you require is that you will need to run a short hose from the adapter to the airbox, which Mager Thom has also said. Give me a few days and I can post pics of my setup if that will help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts