TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you local guys who have swapped to a better unit have a spare steel T-Bird driveshaft you want to let go cheap? I have been carting Cam94's around for 5 years and as soon as I cleaned out the garage now I need one :bangwall:

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
$15 at U_PULL_IT on SR441 and GRIFFIN
Maic

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
timb said:
Any of you local guys who have swapped to a better unit have a spare steel T-Bird driveshaft you want to let go cheap? I have been carting Cam94's around for 5 years and as soon as I cleaned out the garage now I need one :bangwall:
You threw it away? You never throw anything away! I understand the need to clean though bud. That you pull it place MAIC talked about is good. Just a little bit of a haul for ya.:)

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
... dammit tim.. i sold mine a few months back LOL

isn't al's still in prestons garage or is it bent?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cam94 said:
You threw it away? You never throw anything away! I understand the need to clean though bud. That you pull it place MAIC talked about is good. Just a little bit of a haul for ya.:)
Yes I did but you also wouldn't believe how good my garage looks now :D

I will shoot out to the upull if I don't hear of one by next weekend. It's not crucial but I would like to get one shortened and balanced before the trans swap rather than waiting to send mine out so I can keep down time to a minimum. Hopefully the non conventional way I am aproaching this swap will work.......the measurements look right

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Does this mean you're going to be installing an additional pedal? :) What’s happening with your 02 trans? Anything wrong with it?

To stay on topic...I threw one out not long ago as well. There were some 4.6 cars at the ABC U-Pull-It on Benois Farms road in WPB as well as the Recycling center next to it. The ABC yard would be cheaper though.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
jamesD said:
isn't al's still in prestons garage or is it bent?
I think it's twisted, and it was there the last time I was over. I dunno, it may be useable if its getting cut up.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep adding the additional pedal. The 02 is in OK shape.....I'm starting to get a little slip on the OD band so it will need to be replaced.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
The barely twisted one at Prestons may still work ok. If you can wait a bit I still have my stock one I recently removed. If you need it sooner I can ship it in the box the mmc came in.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Al I'm not in a giant hurry since it's going to be the end of Jan until my shifter will be here so I can wait. Aaron I was going to go with a TKO 500 but I got a deal on a rebuilt T45 I couldn't pass up.......$50. I will be using a hydraulic slave cylinder made for a T45 with a stock SC clutch master. On the shifter location I am going to try and use this T45 midshift kit turned around the other way along with some customization of the center console

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Cool, well it looks like there will be a pre-mini mini-meat around beginning of Feb when Litning comes down.

Assuming its ok with Preston I can leave it there. I don't want to add to the ever growing list of parts that aren't his in his garage though. ;)

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Al_Florida said:
Cool, well it looks like there will be a pre-mini mini-meat around begining of Feb when Litning comes down.

Assuming its ok with Preston I can leave it there. I don't want to add to the ever growing list of parts that aren't his in his garage though. ;)
Sounds good Al. Preston is only 20 minutes from my house so I can meet you out there.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
and cheap would be ... free :D

Least I can do for the advice during the svo project.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think I did anything special but I won't turn down free :)

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:uppoint: :uppoint:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts