TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current muffler decided to rust itself away in the Michigan weather so I was wondering if anybody can recommend a good replacement one for me?

I have a 97 3.8 that is completely stock.

I care more for value than performance because I'm not trying to make it sound like a racecar. The only thing I don't want is something that will make it sound like one of those NOS'd up tiny asian cars.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,370 Posts
Well... I have the back half of my stock 4.6 exhaust that you can have if you feel like picking it up. It's dual mufflers at the rear, but AFAIK it should bolt right up in place of your current single rear half.

·
Registered
407 Posts
get a cherrybomb glass pack it has tone but no real sound :rolleyes: well not untill you get confused whats louder your cai or the muffler at 3500-4500 rpm but in genral its better than the stock muffler and gives it a lil bit of sound :D :tongue:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
get a cherrybomb glass pack it has tone but no real sound :rolleyes: well not untill you get confused whats louder your cai or the muffler at 3500-4500 rpm but in genral its better than the stock muffler and gives it a lil bit of sound :D :tongue:
We have a cherry bomb I picked up from advanced auto for $20.

Flowtech Muffler
Part No 50252FLT

With the coupons I used and buying it in a bundle with some gauges, I believe my effective cost of this muffler was $10.

Yes, it drones. However, with no interior left in the car and lots of the tar scraped off, the sound is just one of many you hear in our car.

-g

·
Registered
119 Posts
My current muffler decided to rust itself away in the Michigan weather so I was wondering if anybody can recommend a good replacement one for me?

I have a 97 3.8 that is completely stock.

I care more for value than performance because I'm not trying to make it sound like a racecar. The only thing I don't want is something that will make it sound like one of those NOS'd up tiny asian cars.
Allied resonators (that sell for $30-$40) each and available at any muffler shop are an excellent muffler. Deep tone, low rumble, no drone or "rasppy" sound & very long lasting (20+ years on my vehicles) - independent test show they flowed 90%+ of a "race spec muffler", available in lengths as short as 10" & up to 34" long (IIRR), all diameters

1 - 5 of 5 Posts