TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so not really. But I suspect the 3rd CAT went bye bye this morning. It sounds like it not firing on all cylinders almost. I give it gas and it takes a bit to catch up. Anyone know where I can get one that's California :rolleyes: legal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Yup check your ignition system. But if not I have a whole Y assy from my car. Perfect.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Step dad seems to think it might be electrical. Car runs fine on flat surface, there is a stutter when you start to give it gas. On incline it seems to sputter a little.

Not sure what this has to with it, but am getting uneven flow off of the mufflers out the back, right side is weaker then the left. According to him that is. :confused:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Step dad seems to think it might be electrical. Car runs fine on flat surface, there is a stutter when you start to give it gas. On incline it seems to sputter a little.

Not sure what this has to with it, but am getting uneven flow off of the mufflers out the back, right side is weaker then the left. According to him that is. :confused:
Clean your MAF sensor!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In that order? If so, clean MAF again. Check fuel pressure, change fuel filter, all those basic things that can affect engine performance.
How did you check the plug wires?
I assume no CEL?
Sorry, no.

Checked plugs and wires, pulled plugs, looked ok, ensured that wires were secure.
Fuel Filter is 2 years old, if that.
I cleaned the K&N then the MAF.

Have a bit of a family emergency to deal with, so will have to work on care later. Thanks again for the responses. :zbeer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts