TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I want to get a new valve body for my 96 mark viii. What kind and where is the best place to get it. Has anyone heard of factory tech, if so are they any good?

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Ok guys I want to get a new valve body for my 96 mark viii. What kind and where is the best place to get it. Has anyone heard of factory tech, if so are they any good?
For DIY, The G.O. is right. If you looking for a plug and play VB you may talk to Darrin or D-Dog. IIRC.
And who is "Factory Tech" ? This is what i get Yahoo'ing it : http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=robo&p=factory+tech+valve+body&rs=0&fr2=rs-top

why dont(don't) you just read the tech articles?
:D You Rude like always! Hope all is good your way.

-Maic

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
For DIY, The G.O. is right. If you looking for a plug and play VB you may talk to Darrin or D-Dog. IIRC.

:D You Rude like always! Hope all is good your way.

-Maic

i keep it real! i guess im partially verruckt:D

ive got a stereo install in the truck planned soon at prestons, otherwise alls good. did you get your new motor running?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Rude? I thought Joe was being friendly, for Joe.

Factory Tech is Owned by Greeg Evans and located out of Mason Ohio. He is a buddy of mine. I use his 4r100 valvebodies from time to time. He can be difficilt to get ahold of at times but he is a good guy, just busy.
Alan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read on the tech articles but I was asking for opinions on the factory tech, as well as what you guys suggest would be good.

No offense intended Great Obucina but you didn't provide any insight on what I was asking.

As for dirty dog you are right I have tried several times to get a hold of the man that runs factory tech and to no avail. I was told to call him around midnight that he works 3rd shift at ford as a lead tech. How much and how soon could I get a Valve body from you?

Thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I can't speak to the quality of the valve bodies themselves, but the separator plate kit I bought from them for the wife's 'stang a while back was top-notch. Came as a simple plug-n-play kit, minus the fluid.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I can't speak to the quality of the valve bodies themselves, but the separator plate kit I bought from them for the wife's 'stang a while back was top-notch. Came as a simple plug-n-play kit, minus the fluid.
What, no fluid?!

To OP, do plan to do other things as well when you go into it. Change the accumulators to update them, and the EPC if you can get that done also. There are a few things worth doing while having it opened up, and not too expensive. Regards,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the valve body from DirtyDog and put it in yesterday. All was good except the disc with the directions he sent with it didnt have any pics just text. Aint that a bout a *****. LOL But all was good i called them up and they talked me thru it and apollogized for the bad disc. And now the car runs GREAT!!!:D

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I'm actually glad you let me know, we converted them to PDF for easier viewing and I guess the pictures got lost. Try again I suppose.
Alan

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
New Valve body from 2004 Town Car?

I'm rebuilding my 96 MK VIII Tranny also - Oh great Tranny Gurus out there in hyperspace am I correct in that what I think I gather from various tech Articles out there is that a new Valve Body for a 2004 Town Car would be a good upgrade ? - My thoughts were to go with a new but stock lower pressure regulator & I'm wondering how the newer Valve Body will cope with that or should I go with the higher pressure regulator ? - Motor is Stock.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
If you have a good valvebody the stock PR valve and spring will be fine. I don't think you'll want the increased pressure of the spring unless you are making more than stock power. If you use the late valvebody you need the late 2-3 retainer as well.
Alan

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Thanx for the quick reply - My old Valve body works as good as any 96 Valve Body ever did (which would be OK unless you are having any fun) - I failed to do the 1-2 Accumulator fix like a super dummy & best I can tell toasted the 1 Way Clutch when it finally hung up in bore - But I hate to put those 13 year old 140K mile solenoids back in after all this & after 12 years of driving this sloppy shifting thing it deserves a fix so I'm leaning toward all new electrics & VB - I suppose I could do JMOD & fit all new electrics to old VB but hell by that time you might as well do the whole enchilada... right?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
With that kind of mileage I think you'd be better off to just go buy a low mileage late transmission and Take it up to RobertP to have him throw it all together for you.
Alan

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
RobertP is in NC - I'm in SC & honestly the hard parts & even the soft parts for that matter look like new - There was very little debris, no scoring, no wounded bearings, never a leak - I did'nt drive it hardly at all once it started skipping 2nd gear & it was as good as a 96 4R70W gets prior to this - It's had Mercon & Filter every 30,000 miles but like a dummy I never took the additional 15 minutes to do the 1-2 Accumulator fix while I was down there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts