TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to grab a 70mm throttle body. it's a great price, but i'm wondering if i will need a new tune if i do.it's a bbk power plus and would be going on an otherwise stock engine.would it be more advantageous to have a PI manifold first?or do both together...thx for the replies

·
Registered
767 Posts
you wont need a tune for it, whether it be the t/b or the t/b and the intake you wont need one.it wouldnt hurt though im sure.

and just in case you'd like to save some money throttle bodies from aviators are 70mm and will also fit on your car,and it should only run you about 80 bucks for one.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kool thx....

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
you might see 3hp at the flywheel its not worth it unless u change the upper elbow

·
Registered
974 Posts
you wont need a tune for it, whether it be the t/b or the t/b and the intake you wont need one.it wouldnt hurt though im sure.

and just in case you'd like to save some money throttle bodies from aviators are 70mm and will also fit on your car,and it should only run you about 80 bucks for one.

Will any year 4.6 aviator throttle body work on a 96 4.6 liter and is it just a direct bolt up? Also is it a smart idea to change that upper intake plenum with the aviator throttle body? or is that just a waste of time/money? Thanks alot!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Alright cool. Has anyone used this actual throttle body on a 4.6 NPI engine? I'm wondering if it makes a difference in power/torque just because i know the NPI heads/intake dont flow for turd.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Alright cool. Has anyone used this actual throttle body on a 4.6 NPI engine? I'm wondering if it makes a difference in power/torque just because i know the NPI heads/intake dont flow for turd.
dont bother with the throttle body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.