TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has sort of been a problem for the past few weeks. I've had to lube the latch on the door and on the door jam multiple times with WD40 in order to get it to latch. The material around the metal post in the door jam that the latch connects to broke off tonight and the door wouldn't latch. I suspect these problems have occured as a result of the door sagging a little bit.

I want to fix this problem once and for all, so I'll need the plastic thinger that goes around the metal post on the door jam, and I'll probably need new pins for the door. Is there a procedure for fixing these and where can I get the parts to do it?

Thanks!

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
was that quick enough? lol, and as far as i know the plastic thingy is not available seperately, you can go to napa or autozoo and they should have a complete replacement door striker bolt assembly, should be about 5 bux, hth, later'z.....:D

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yep thanks for the reply!! I'll get the new striker kit today... any idea where to get the replacement hinge pins?

Edit: Nevermind... search is my friend. :)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
now keep in mind, you may need to replace hinges if they are too oblonged in the holes where the pins/bushings go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts