TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's been a lot of interest in STB's for SC's and I will have all the necessary equipment to make them in a couple weeks. I was just wondering if there's anyone in the North Texas, Oklahoma area who would be a guinea pig for one, and they would get theirs for the cost of materials for letting me get the measurements, and mock-up one on their car. It should only take a day, maybe a weekend, if trouble is run into.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Rich, I have one of the Kenny Brown STB's for the SC in my garage if you'd like to take a gander at it. :)

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would work. I'm debating on doing this, because I would have to buy about $500 in new tools, and I need to see if it's going to be worth my while.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think it would be worth your while. I have a Kenny Brown STB on my 95 SC and contrary to what many believe it does help with the rigidity of the car. Body flex experienced at the 1/4 track was/is much improved after the install. Just make sure it will clear a raised supercharger outlet (top) because some have had clearance problems with a raised top and K.B. STB combo. There also seem's to be issue's concerning some of the solid motor mount's offerd which raise the engine somewhat and the K.B. STB. If you can come up with a quality piece I'm sure you'll have no problems selling them.:)

·
Registered
429 Posts
I live outside of Ft Worth and have 7 SCs. Sure I could spare one:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in North Texas also and I wouldn't mind sparing my car for a weekend

give me something to do...

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I'm not the test car

I'd buy one also

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 2 t-birds and a hood that I am getting ready to trash. So let me know if you need one I live in Norman, Oklahoma.

theid

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just got another 92 SC this monday

This one is bone stock. It has no suspension mods or any or that. Let me know man!

-Duane

1 - 11 of 11 Posts