TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so today went to the junk yard and found a whole sc inside was gutteed but the engine and s/c was still intact and in one piece. i nabbed the s/c with the top plenum and the piping that says supercharged. my question is has anyone actually got the super charging off the 3.8 to fit a 96/97 4.6L. i have ideas but wanted to see other ideas and go on from there. i only plan to run 6-8psi for now until i can beef the engine and rest of the drive train up.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've come up with an idea to mount it up. it wont fit under the hood but i'm sure it will work. basically i'm making a mount that has it sit above the intake manifold and a special box under it that will hook up to the intake manifold and another box stemming from the back outlet with a lip inside to hold the oil in. the bracket will hold it 2 1/2 to 3" above the intake manifold so i can fit the custom made connector.

out of curiosity who makes the kit. i rather not how to fabricate all this if i can get just the hardware.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Dude don't waste your money, do it right the first time...and buy my Allen kit:D

VVVVVV

Don't get me wrong, more power to ya if you can fab everything up yourself and make a complete intake manifold to support the M90. Some one was making some kind of manifold for his V6 to support a M112 lighting blower a while back, but I don't think he finished the project, but you might want to hit him up for some help. He’s the Iowa Chapter D.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would get an allen if i could afford it. i got this blower in mint condition for less then 100 bucks. and i can fabricate all the mounting stuff for 50 or less. i know i could do it but if there is an easier way then waht im doing then hell i'll do it the easy way.

its like this except i have the outlet going under neath it because the outlets come out the back and i have the intake in the center
http://images.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0410mm_luxo_17_z.jpg

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
umm the inlet is on the back of the sc and the outlet is on top (on yours)

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much psi do they run at. i want to do a safe psi. if i'm not mistaken they produce 12psi. but i rather have about 6-8 psi. but i'v figured out how to mount it atleast.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm not.....yet. once i get a weekend off ill tear apart the intake and t/b and all that and make the mount for it. the hardest thing i'm seeing right now is getting a tube down to the intake manifold inlet.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm going to put a blow off valve in between that. and mate the intake with a custom made back plate with a 3.5" tube haning out the back so i can clamp on a hard tube for the intake. the mount will hold the s/c about 2 1/2 inches off the manifold. then i will have a rectangular "tube" going under the mount that will bolt up to inlet of the intake manifold. a hard tube will come from the top of the s/c down to the box. i think i got everything covered.

·
Registered
253 Posts
^^^lol

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I nominate this thread for funniest/stupidest thread of the year!

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i wish it wasn't. i'm trying to do this as right as possible. but that car is hilarious

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.