TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i've recently gotten my hands on a Zex dry kit. the plan is to go with a 75 shot at the most (the motor is all stock). the overall plan for the car is to just use the spray 4-5 times at the track this year, and next year hopefully i'll be installing a PI motor from an explorer or something.

so my question is this, should i just go ahead and upgrade the fuel pump now? when the new motor goes in next spring i'm hoping to make ~280hp (crank) plus nitrous, so obviosly i'll need a bigger pump by then. but for now can i get by with the nitrous on a stock pump?

also, how big of a pump would i need, and where is a good place to get one? i checked out MN12performance, and i don't know if a 190LPH pump would be big enough, i'm thinking 255, let me know if i'm thinking wrong ;)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'd go ahead and drop the 255 in, only a few dollars more, and since you are runniing a dry system, you may want to getthe high pressure unit, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just got a 255 lph kit from here
www.autoperformanceengineering.com
It was a good price for a complete kit
it comes with the correct sock and seals and all.
Quick shipping also
Btw i dropped a full second with my 75 shot and without traction

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ruffledfeathers said:
Btw i dropped a full second with my 75 shot and without traction
that's what i want to hear!!! if it's a problem a frind of mine has set of DR's i can borrow :cool:

ok, so do you guys think i'll be alright on the stock pump and FPR? the reason i ask is funds are a little tight right now and i think the pump will hafta wait a few weeks. i just want to know that if i hit the spray a couple times before i get a pump it's not gonna go way lean.

thanks for the advice guys!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
ThunderChicken1 said:

that's what i want to hear!!! if it's a problem a frind of mine has set of DR's i can borrow :cool:

ok, so do you guys think i'll be alright on the stock pump and FPR? the reason i ask is funds are a little tight right now and i think the pump will hafta wait a few weeks. i just want to know that if i hit the spray a couple times before i get a pump it's not gonna go way lean.

thanks for the advice guys!
I'd be careful using anything more than the 75 shot especially on a 94 with the stock pump and fpr.

any, and I mean ANY pinging, and get off the gas,

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, last question i swear.

alright, after talking to a good friend of mine who's done a few nitrous setups i think i'm going to get an adjustable FPR and a fuel pressure safety swtich for the nitrous. the system will just run off the arming switch and the WOT switch(and the fuel pressure switch). as well as fuel pressure guage and nitrous pressure guage to keep an eye on things. the stock fuel pump will stay (for now) and stuff like a bottle heater and remote opener will also come later.
this setup sound alright to you guys?

also, i was digging around for adjustable FPR's and the only place i cound find one was www.supercoupeperformance.com, but i noticed thiers says it works on all 4.6L engines 94-97, is this right? and does this mean i can look for a mustang adjustable FPR?

once again, THANKS!!

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Yep, 96-98 I know will fit! The other precautions are ok as well but I'd still get that pump.

Its your car!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
GET A PUMP ASAP. You may be OK for a while, but it will not last for ever. I had the same experince but figured I could get away with just one step up in the jets. Take a guess what happened?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a inline fuel pump I'm trying to get rid of, if you're interested. I had it on my juiced T-Bird... but bought my Cobra two weeks later. Rather then loose the money on the purchase, I took it off and dropped the N2O shot on the system. It's a Zex, $100 if you're interested. PM me if so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts