TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here go to ITT tech?
I think im going to go, From What i hear its 30,000$ and you pay the loan off after you finish School, and they help you find a job.
Im going For Cad. Drafting, And its 3 nights a week. And i can still work at my full Time job.
Sience i Still live with my Step dad, and have Only like 200$ in bills a month, Hopefully after the 2 years of school, I will have 1/2 the Loan Saved up in the bank.
What do you guys think about ITT tech? ANy experiances with them?
Ben

·
8,239 Posts
I go to ITT tech here in Getzville, NY.

I go for Information Technology and Networking Systems.

Its a pretty good school, alot of hands on stuff, and they really teach you alot. It is pretty pricey, I'm lucky I get some financial aid, and scholarships, so that deffinitely helps.

Its also nice because I can go two nights a week, and one saturday morning, and I can still work full time to pay the bills.

When I graduate in 18 months, i'll be moving westward :)

Justin

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah

Im shure i can get some scholarships and Grants, But dont know where to start looking, Will ITT help me Find Some Financial Aid and Scholarships?
Or know of any good sources Online?
Thanks
ben

·
8,239 Posts
Actually, I was pretty impressed with how ITT does it.

I have a financial aid officer that I can call anytime, and talk to about these types of things.

At my first meeting with him, we sat down with my tax forms, etc-- and he devised a plan to get me financial aid, and scholarships.

I just basically signed documents, and he found scholarships, and showed me how to get them.

Basically they do all the legwork and red tape for you.

I used to go to a state school, which was the absolute opposite of ITT. They had a financial aid "department" where two aid officers served the entire student body of thousands, they treated you like a number and didn't care if you saved any money at all.

Justin

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I was never impressed by ITT Tech. No offense to any who go there, just I feel a real university offers up more choices when it comes to schooling. That's why I'm at Florida Institute of Technology instead of a place like ITT. Plus, I'm going here for college life too, not just to learn my trade and get booted out.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
I attended ITT Tech in Youngstown Ohio for two sememsters and LOVED it! I had to put it on hold for a while when I moved to South Carolina. The closest ITT to me here is 3 hours away in Greenville, so I have to wait until we move closer to an ITT. I went for Web Development, part of the Information Technology thing they have there. I got two loans through Sallie Mae through ITT. The first one I had to start paying on right away, and the second was held until 6 months after I graduated/quit, so I'm now paying on both of the loans. I liked the fact that I didn't have to go to class every single day, and since I was with the same people all the time, it was more fun, more like High School to me.
I also went to Kent State University for a quarter before I attended ITT and HATED it. It was so easy just to not go, and the teachers didn't care to know student's name, and the students didn't care to know each other, either. And, I didn't like the liberal arts requirements. English major, so I need a zillion math credits? Screw that!
Well, I hope I helped you a little. Of course, I'm biased!

~*~ Molly

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well I don't know what kind of jobs are out there in Tucson but in Detroit ITT is not even close to a college degree. I do work as a Cad designer Engineer and the only software ITT is teaching anybody is AutoCAD which those jobs do not pay very much. Your better off going to a committee college and getting an AS degree.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
If you're looking for electronics, software, computer stuff in general, Devry had done me good. But don't make the mistake of thinking it's easy because it isn't by any means. A 4-year degree in 3 years hurts, but in my book, the professors that teach your core classes are the best. Example -- 3 of my 4 core professors have PHDs and multiple masters in a related field and all of them have 10-20 years experience in the field.

oh, and if you're lookin for a party school, Devry is not it.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Don't get a "technology" degree. I doubt it will get you anywhere. You have to go for an Engineering degree. Don't be fooled, some places will call it a "(insert field here) engineering technology".

Between that and my loss of state aid, means I'll (hopefully) be going to the UoH for "Electrical Engineering"

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Check out Kettering University

That's where i am. You work as part of you education and its a graduation requirement that you complete so many work "terms". Is in Flint, MI. Used to be GMI, now independent and working with many companies, around 700 i think. Cost is around 25000 a year for a first year with dorms but they are private and give out quite a few scholarships. It's not for everyone but it gets you a lot of experience and allows you to apply what you have learned almost imediately in the field.

www.kettering.edu

·
Registered
475 Posts
My company hires almost all there engineers form GMI or what ever it is now. Sucks to be around here after state wins a game. lol

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Forgot to mention....

Kettering is a small school, around 1200 students attending at a time with 2500 total.
Flint isn't exactly the best town but we have fun.
The school is very greek, around 40% of students, me included.
Engineering school=13 frats, 2 sororities, but we have good parties and import most of our girls from the state schools.
Only at school 22 weeks out of the year, but full degree. look at my signature for my schedule, the other schedule is opposite that one.

Hope that helps some

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
GreenBird said:
Don't get a "technology" degree. I doubt it will get you anywhere. You have to go for an Engineering degree. Don't be fooled, some places will call it a "(insert field here) engineering technology".
No offense, but that's a opinionated comment.

I'm working toward a degree (4 year) in Electronic Engineering Technology (EET) and a lot of people I know work for some really kick *** companies. One's at Intel (he got in before the hiring freeze), another is at a local place doing a project on a C130, updating all the internal parts and eliminating one crewman, another is at DSCC working on god knows what. So saying it won't get you anywhere is a little extreme. I'd love to be working for Intel right now, or any of the places they're working.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts