TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
not sure what kind of mufflers to get, currently running on my 95 4.6 cougar two stock cats up in the front, dual straight pipe, and then two stock 2003 mustang gt mufflers with some chrome slant tips. at least for mean while i get some type of sound from my gt mufflers. sure outbeats the two huge silent circle stock ones from the cougar. looking for something thats sounds tuff on the exterior and not annoying in the interior. want to be able to enjoy stereo.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts

its 2.5" piping from the rear of the front cats all the way to the 3" slant cut tips. the 2 rear mufflers were removed and the 3rd at was replaced by a dual 2.5" dual 2.5" magnaflow muffler with true X core. i think thats the best sound setup ive heard on any mn12 besides having the headers modded.

Best sound on the exterior with little drone on the inside

cat-backs are slightly deeper than stock but with the mid-mount its more agressive but not enough to get pulled over ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot. you went all out! the whole nine. proud to be part of the tccoa. i asked one of the major muffler distributors online and got the we currently dont carry any products for your car email. just got the ol' run around,lazy customer service,& didnt care for a sale.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only mods ive made so far is accel wires, accel coil packs, k&n fipk high performance suspension. ive spent most of my money on swapping sensors and parts. plus my car was stolen some time ago and lost my biggest investments- custom 20 inch wheels that were wraped in some nitto extreme performance tires and sound system, and plenty of damage. luckily i didnt drop the new engine from ford i was going to buy that week my car was stolen :mad:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks again, i was just going to ask u which 1 u would recommend. i already put the item in my watch this item list. i just finish selling the old one i use to have as a resonator MAGNAFLOW 5" x 8"Oval Single/Dual Satin Stainless Steel #12198 but the setup i use to have didnt work out. i think i could of imitate it and done it louder. but it was when i had the big silent stock circle mufflers. i hope my welder put 2.25 when he did my dual exhaust setup my cousin chose it out 4 me. oh by the way forgot to mention i also have an h pipe on my setup. ive been distracted my dallas mavs lost. is that going to be removed as well to get the sound im aiming for?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Any soundclips porkchop? Do you still have any cats?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.