TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, in a year i'll be going off to college and i'll actually be able to take my car with me. Any way, i've been thinking about looking for a Supercoupe or a SC XR7. I already have a 94 XR7 with the NA 3.8, and i love it, but it just lacks the power that i need. I need some advice on whether i should try to find a SC or just stay with the NA. Thanks!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Where will you be going to college? If it's in the snow belt, save your $$$ for after college. Then you will have the $$$ to buy a nice rust free v8/SC.

·
Registered
861 Posts
speaking of rust, doesn't ford have lifetime warranty for rusted body parts? i thought it said something like that in my owners manual?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Might want to check with your insurance company too... rates vary from one area to the next. If you're going to be one of these guys that always whine about being a poor college student that could be a factor ;D

·
11,719 Posts
XR7kid said:
speaking of rust, doesn't ford have lifetime warranty for rusted body parts? i thought it said something like that in my owners manual?
Only if it got the under coating from the factory, and you have it inspected at least once a year, every year. at least that is what my 89 had. Unfourtunatly for me it didn't matter since a cherokee side swiped it. :bawling: :rant: :redmad:

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I've gotta say, (and I don't usually plug stuff like this) that the factory undercoating is pretty good stuff. My car has it and after a quick spray down when it was on the ramps, it looks pretty nice under there.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Are you paying for school? A SC is a nice car but will require money and time (two things that is hard for college students to get) to make little repairs all the time. I would say stick with what you got or get a V8. Save the SC for after school and you can afford the little things that come up for it.

Thats my personal advice from a poor college student.

-Shawn

·
11,719 Posts
Josh_Keady said:
I've gotta say, (and I don't usually plug stuff like this) that the factory undercoating is pretty good stuff. My car has it and after a quick spray down when it was on the ramps, it looks pretty nice under there.
I'll definately agree with that. My 89 had almost no rust, and it went through 12 winters! You just need to inspect it every year so any rust found gets ground off and re-covered so you'll never get anything worse than surface rust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts