TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter what direction you turn the crankshaft when trying to align the torque converter drain bolt with the hole?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Ummmm, no? Why would it. Except if you turn it lefty you might just loosen the bolt, not turn the engine...

That's why I always turn clockwise so as not to loosen the bolt.....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, maybe it was a dumb question, I just did not know if there was a difference. I really appreciate the quick response.

One more, How do you fill it back up? Through the filler neck in the engine compartment?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
yup...put in about 6 qts....turn the car on....go from P to N to R to D to 2 to 1, leaving it in those positions for about 10 seconds each, then go back from 1 to P, again leaving each position in for about 10 seconds......then shut off the car and fill up the rest til the trans fluid dipstick is full, which should be another 6 qts or so.......the trans holds a couple more quarts, but the level won't drop until you do some easy driving...so just take it around for a spin to engage all gears then check it again when hot and you should be able to add another quart or two

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, you guys are the best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts